Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP back from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP back from dealer

Got the rig back today after scheduling time to have the ball joint issue addressed. I saw the box of parts and it include an entire front hub assembly with new everything.....upper and lower *****, nut, bolts, bags of this and that. I didn't inventory what was in the box, but there was a lot of stuff. Dealer said he already ordered another "kit" for the right side. They claim the right side is in perfect working order so far. When I put the front tracks on tomorrow, I'll check it out in detail. While it was there they replace the second rear axle. Hope it works out.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Fun,

I can't remember was this a 850XP? or 550XP? 2009 or 2010?

Thx,

R'

Old 01-06-2010, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Make that two of us!!!!

I got a call today at 5:30 saying that it was done. My dealer was really working his tail off to get this done for me. Polaris as a company really dropped the ball I feel with whomever they contracted to make these parts. 7.5 weeks later it is finally mine again. My dealer is 40 minutes away and he offered to deliver to to my house tonight. Yet another reason why I bypassed the guy who is only 5 minutes from me!

I am really hammering the consumer service line and my dealer is still working to get an extension on my warranty for me.

Basic argument is:
1) Made two payments on a machine that I disn't even have access to or is even allowed to be "ridable"
2) Lost 2 months of the 6 month warranty that comes with the machine sitting in the dealer shop when I could be riding it and using the machine and perhaps have a warranty claim during this time.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Get some pics of the new hardware.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Polaris should re-accredit your time, IMO!

R'

Old 01-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Polaris should re-accredit your time, IMO!

R'
I already asked. You'll get nothing from any of the manufacturers.

R.....It's a 2009 XP850 EPS. I guess I need to update my sig with the machine.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
Get some pics of the new hardware.
It the same gear that's on the '10 model year. Different part number according to the dealer, but looks very similar on first glance. I didn't have chance to x-reference the differences, if any. It's nice having a complete new hub and associated parts though. They replaced everything on the right front.

I took my bike back and kept it home, even though they wanted to keep it while the parts came in. It gave me a chance to strip it down to it core and clean it well....change all the fluids, put the winter windshield on, heated grips and thumb throttle.....got the rear tracks on, pull the belly pan and install the plow mount, etc. It's funny lookin' with just the rear tracks and tires on the front. Looks like some kind of hybrid beast.

Overall I'm happy with the service and what Polaris has done so far. Mistakes are made...they fixed it without a fuss. If it breaks again, I'll bring it back and keep a good eye on the joints.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Chadly1980
Make that two of us!!!!
Good deal. Glad you got yours back Chadly.

Mine was not on the recall list, so they only did the one sloppy side....I think we've not heard the end of this.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Looks like we get all new parts huh? Polaris has issued a voluntary recall on over 8,000 Sportsman ATVs from 2009 and 2010 because of a possible loss of steering control due to a faulty steering knuckle and ball joint stem.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:16 AM
"Official Site Skeptic"

Both sides are included in the recall. Manditory to change both sides my dealer said.

Quick Reply: XP back from dealer