Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Ice Cooler for storage box

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010 | 02:04 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by readymixer169
Do you have any carpentry skills? I custom made my own front and rear boxes using 3/4 plywood,fiberglass for re-enforcement and coated them inside and out with hurculiner bedliner. Total cost about $60 for both boxes. Have had alot of interest in them from other riders. They all thought they were store bought units.I built the rear to accomadate up to a case of your prefered beverage with ice and a few other things. The front is about 2/3 the size of the rear and holds a gods plenty of tools with room to spare. Get yourself some L&R brackets and your all set.

Yes, actually Im a carpenter by trade, do you have any pics you could show us?

Thanks

Old 01-08-2010 | 01:07 AM
|
Pro Rider

Ttt

Old 01-08-2010 | 06:48 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Show us some pics of that cooler Rmxer!

Old 01-08-2010 | 07:55 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I'm having tech. difficulty loading pic's. Would one of you guys like me to e-mail them and let you try posting them?

Old 01-08-2010 | 01:11 PM

Well guys, Ive got the pic's on my computer but the files are to big and I can't figure out how to size them down to upload. Any help? I only know enough on the computer to be dangerous! Hell, pretty soon my 8 yr old will know more than I do on this thing.

Old 01-10-2010 | 09:49 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by badazzpred
malibu94, thanks for the pics, looks very nice fit and finish....... I will look into this

No problem Badazzpred.

The brackets that came with the "quick connects" would not fit properly so i had them cut and redrilled to fit by a local shop. They even powder coated them for to!

Old 01-10-2010 | 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

RM,

Put them up on like Photobucket, Webshots or one of those places then all you need to do is copy the pic link and paste into a msg. here, its that simple!

Cheers,

R'

Old 01-11-2010 | 07:27 AM

I posted a link for a few of my pic's. I hope this works and if so Thanks rtickwad.

Old 01-11-2010 | 07:37 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

RM,

YOU DID IT! Good job man, I like those fab'd boxes. Okay how much to you sell them for? lol..lol. Seriously cool! Nice color on your quad. I think sometimes we see the newer quads so much we forget the older look of the Sportsmans. I like some of the older styling and color schemes better. Like those Badland tires on some, your SILVER (assuming its stock?) and a short time ago, I seen a older really nice Blue and Silver with Alumn rack ext. etc. it looked sweet. When my cuz and I bought our Sportsmans in 2006 he got a 2006 SP800 SILVER Anniversary edition, haven't seen them again but nice too!

Also, I a question about the total cost of your boxes. Did you have the wood already and it was the cost of the Hercules Bedliner? I was wondering how much that stuff is and how much would I need to spray coat my front and rear racks? If $60 was for the wood, hardware, paint, fiberglass spray and Hercules, please let me know where to get all that. I like doing these types of projects too!

Thanks RM!

Cool,

R'

Old 01-11-2010 | 08:48 AM

Yes my quad is original in color (gun metal grey) and it's all stock. Everything you see on it I've made myself. I don't believe in spending my hard earned cash on somthing I have the skills and tools to build. Be sides that you take a little more pride in it that way. As for the boxes I had a leftover sheet from the bath remodel and put it to use. 3/4" AC plywood: cost about $20 (any lumber yard), Fiberglass resin and matting about $20 (at advanced auto parts) (Did just the inside) Hurculiner roll-on 1 quart can about $40(wal-mart) Misc hardware maybe $5 (local hardware shop)I even made the latches from a couple of pieces of scrap steel (I love my plasma cutter) and an old rubber bungie cord. So I guess if you had to buy everything you'll have about $80-$90 in them. Later today I might get some more pic's loaded of the other stuff I've made for it.

Quick Reply: Ice Cooler for storage box