Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP Rack Extention won't fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovmudd
You would think they would have the discription corrected by now. The trouble people like me, aren't going to beable to scrutinize it carefully enough to catch the problem untill it's too late and you are trying to bolt it up.

It is especially difficult when ordering both the rail and box by mail. Then there is the difficulty in trying to convince the person on the other end of the phone what the problem is, when all they know how to do is read a faulty discription. Well you get the idea! Oh, almost forgot about the fun arguing about shipping costs and restocking fees.
Why not do like Roofer said? Mount the extension to the rack..that is what it is for.

Even if it would mount to the top of the box are you going to be putting cargo on the box lid? If so is there any way you could modify the box lid to fit the rack extension?

Old 01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

The extension is too far off to do any mods to make it work well on the box. I have already sent it back, but kept the box.

I just wanted a set up like I have on my 800 with the rail on the front box. I really like that set up for the things I haul.

My oringinal intent of the post was just informational to help someone.

Thanks bill

Old 01-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lovmudd
My oringinal intent of the post was just informational to help someone.

Thanks bill
Gotcha...I always try to find a solution to a problem, just want to help people try to fix things.
As my wife tells me.."I just want you to listen,you don't have to offer a solution."
Guess I'll never learn lol.