Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

XP Rack Extention won't fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XP Rack Extention won't fit

Just a heads up to maybe help someone. The polaris front nylon rack extention #2876598 will not fit on the lock and ride front cargo box #2877951 even thought the discription says it will. Don't know when polaris will revise the discription, but it sure caused headaches for me.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by lovmudd
Just a heads up to maybe help someone. The polaris front nylon rack extention #2876598 will not fit on the lock and ride front cargo box #2877951 even thought the discription says it will. Don't know when polaris will revise the discription, but it sure caused headaches for me.

I do not have the lock and ride cargo box and the rack extension does not fit as well. The mounting on the rack is about 1" off from where it should line up with the mounting screw on the base rack. This seems to be a mistake in the manufacturing. My parts guy is researching.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting, I thought it was just because of the cargo box, but evidently they messed up big time on this one. By the way the rear one fits just fine.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by BRKCOP
My parts guy is researching.
Return the thing and get your money back.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:24 PM
No Ruts, No Glory

yeah, I agree...take it back

Old 01-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

The rack extension only fits on the regular rack on the XP. It wasn't designed for the front cargo box.

Old 01-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
The rack extension only fits on the regular rack on the XP. It wasn't designed for the front cargo box.
The proplem comes from the fact that the discrption says it does fit the cargo box.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lovmudd
The proplem comes from the fact that the discrption says it does fit the cargo box.
It looks like a simple mistake,that description is for the rear extension..notice the mention of the gun scabbard which has nothing to do with the front.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

You're right it does say that, but it's messed up. That description is for the rear rack extension.

"It is engineered to fit specifically on a Sportsman XP rear cargo rack and it will work with the XP Cargo Box and Gun Scabbard Mount"

"It is engineered to fit specifically on a Sportsman XP front cargo rack and it will work with the XP Cargo Box and Gun Scabbard Mount"

The rear one does work with the cargo box and gun scabbard. I don't see any way that the front rack extension would work with the front cargo box.

I use either the front rack with extension or the front cargo box depending on what I am doing.

Old 01-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

You would think they would have the discription corrected by now. The trouble people like me, aren't going to beable to scrutinize it carefully enough to catch the problem untill it's too late and you are trying to bolt it up.

It is especially difficult when ordering both the rail and box by mail. Then there is the difficulty in trying to convince the person on the other end of the phone what the problem is, when all they know how to do is read a faulty discription. Well you get the idea! Oh, almost forgot about the fun arguing about shipping costs and restocking fees.

Quick Reply: XP Rack Extention won't fit