Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Photos of new GPS Mount and garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos of new GPS Mount and garage

I got my Garmin Oregon 400t mounted on the 550 today and decided to take a few photos. I really am glad I went with the RAM mount as it is secure as all get out. I wanted it to be in that position so I would hardly have to glance down to see while riding, much like the instrument cluster. I also included a few of the end of my garage. I just hung the shop lights a few weeks back. I bought them on craigslist for $5 a piece back in the summer. I got 12 of them, and only 2 partially fire up, and for some reason (probably the cold) the one in the corner isn't on at all and has been in the past. I'll look into when it warms up and I have time. Nonetheless, I have tons more lights to see over my bench now!

Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

Very nice GPS assy. just watch out for low branches! Kinda look's like my garage which is more like a warehouse

Old 01-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Nice setup. That bank of lights will suck you dry if you leave them on for hours on end, even though they're flourescent. That garage must be deeper than normal since you have the rig parked liked that. Good organization; I bet you cleaned it up for the pictures

Have you gone for a solid ride with that GPS unit attached? I hope it's waterproof. That thing would be destroyed within a couple of days on my rig.....mud, rain, sticks, watery mud, snow, ice. Very cool though.

Edit: Just noticed those Guru bumpers. I need some. I "need" a lot of things these days it seems. Expensive damn hobby, but well worth it.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Wow...2 quick responses!

I just got it attached. I will remove it when I am just doing yard work, etc. so it doesn't get ripped off or when I am going through thick brush. More for trail riding....and yes, the GPS is waterproof (at least Garmin advertises as such!)

It is an awesome garage, partly why we bought the house. I believe it is 28 feet deep and used to be a 3 car garage but the previous owners put a first floor laundry/mud room in which takes up some space. You can see that wall is the one with the peg board and tools hanging from it. I have a single trailer on the far right side (kind see the corner of it in the one photo), my taurus, my wife's civic and what you see at the end. I have a 14' section of a bowling lane for my work bench. I wired in outlets all the way around, insulated all the walls, hung OSB all the way around and on the ceiling as well. I also had a new 2" insulated door with opener, etc. put in at the end of summer which really makes it quite nice in there even without a Modine heater hung in the corner yet. I can post more pics if interested from the summer.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Chadly1980
Wow...2 quick responses!

I just got it attached. I will remove it when I am just doing yard work, etc. so it doesn't get ripped off or when I am going through thick brush. More for trail riding....and yes, the GPS is waterproof (at least Garmin advertises as such!)

It is an awesome garage, partly why we bought the house. I believe it is 28 feet deep and used to be a 3 car garage but the previous owners put a first floor laundry/mud room in which takes up some space.
Funny....That's just what we did with our 3rd bay....put a mudroom in which took up about 2/3 of the bay which leaves the other 1/3 for my XP. My garage is only 26' deep.....deeper than normal though.

I'd be concerned about the pounding and slop that'll be all over the screen...imagine that thing covered and continually soaked in mud water for a couple hours. What's the screen going to look like after a couple seasons. Did you get it from Bestbuy or the like and get the extra warranty? Maybe keep it on a plastic ziplock when around slop, and mount it for smooth, dry and fast trail rides.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Nice GPS assy and garage too. I must say that the XP's present a nicer POD mount area for the GPS.

R'

Old 01-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just put a ram mount for a GPS on my 550 today as well but I went with the handle bar mount coming right up beside the headlight pod. If I find it is getting to muddy I will look in to one of the ram watertight boxes. He is right its rock solid. Glad I drove 1 hr to pick up the ram mount instead of a universal GPS holder. Ok ok 1hr was a bit out of the way but I also got to go to Basspro without the wife nagging can we go yet. LOL

Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

I've got cinder block's because I'm in a subject to flood area. Also can pressure wash it out easily. Chadly, your bike makes me wish I had the red!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Range Rover
Default garage

these are a couple pictures of my garage before I started dirtying it all up and leaving tools all over. I started out by insulating it and running plugs on a 20 amps line every 6 feet on walls and 4 feet on bench area. I also brought in 240 volts for heater, air and welding. I closed all walls with 5/8 plywood.
Work bench and "cupboards" built from scratch to fit corner dimension. All drawers working on 100lbs slides for storage of heavy items etc... I also built a work bench on wheels to take around and even outside and have proper work bench to work. Also did not really want to have grinders on workbench so I put them between the doors.

Name:  P9160076.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  63.6 KB
Name:  P9160074.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  55.0 KB
Name:  P9160080-1.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  61.9 KB

Old 01-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider