Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Low miles and hours

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low miles and hours

I've been searching for a sportsman for my baby brother who's home from his second tour in Iraq and supposedly he's never going back according to uncle sam. (not holden my breath)So now he wants to get into the sport. I've been looking around for him to find a low mile used. I've seen quads with upwards of 1000 miles advertised as low mi. So the question is, what is considered low for a sportsman? Let me know what you guys think.

Old 02-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I depends where the quad is from. If its from Wisconsin where we ride 250 miles in one day on trails that are almost perfect then I would say yes those are low miles. But if its from areas like Harlan KY where the trails are brutal I would stay away from it.
My buddy just sold is 07 SP800 with 6K Wisconsin trail miles on it. Looked like new. Again it depends on the area.

Best of luck!

Old 02-02-2010, 06:09 PM

Good point! I had'nt thought about that.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

all depends on how it was rode and maintained.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

If you have cash, it speaks right now. People want to get a decent price for their stuff and like to have a person buying who has cash. (no waiting on a bank for financing).

I just sold my Wife's 07 standard 500 EFI with 200 miles on it. Got top dollar and had the money in hand. She barely rode it and I want to upgrade it in the future anyhow.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:59 PM
Former Sponsor

If you are looking for a certain price range let me know. If I come across something I will send it your way. I am looking hourly for toys for my clients overseas. But please no tire kicking. I really do not have time for that.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM

Well I just spoke with my brother and his purchasing power got cut in half for his first quad by none other than his wife. I almost saw that one coming. He has a $2000 max spending allowance, so the low milage probably won't fly. Heres what he's looking for: 300-500cc utility style, mid-full size,4x4 auto or clutchless shift like the hondas and it can be a fixer upper. (thats where I come in) Any ideas on what would be the best in that price range? I've got my eye on a 98 honda 4x4 if I can get the guy to come off it.

Old 02-03-2010, 04:42 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

get a good used sportsman 500 if you can find one.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:47 AM

Yep, thats what I'm looking for but it's like finding a needle in the hay stack around here. POPO's go high resale round here. If I can convince his wife it's going to take a bit more $$$, he could buy my magnum already set up to go and then i'd go buy a newer model. But I doubt that'll happen. She's a shrew when it comes to his toys.(I like to make faces at her when shes not looking ,somtimes when she is) I got a buddy with a honda that is cosidering letting go of for me if I can't find that special popo.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Even a SP 400 will work. Also the TRX300 4x4 is a great machine. It sits smaller to the ground & is light. Not as comfortable as a Sportsman but its a great machine that goes everywhere.

One thing I have learned over my 41 years. YOU NEVER ASK FOR PERMISSION!! ITS EASIER TO BEG FOR FORGIVNESS!!!!!! (then you have it & you can not return it!) ;-)

Quick Reply: Low miles and hours