Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Snow'd in and no where to go!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know whats frustrating? Is having a plow and still having to shovel, lol..lol...I know, I know I am preaching to the choir here but one thing I never thought of is where do you really put all this freakin snow? My snow banks are high enough and I still have 4ft (from drifts) by 5ft of snow in the center of the driveway and also in the back of the drive way. Only thing I can think of is shovel to make the banks higher, the plow has done its job, lol....lol

Regards,

R'

Old 02-07-2010, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I heat mostly with the wood stove rather than the oil burner. We used to get about 175 to 200 gallons per delivery. 4 times per winter. Now we get 50-75 gallons per delivery. So, we are saving about $1200 per year using the woodstove. It's worth the back pain.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by IQSLEDNECK
Here is central MN we are expecting 6" tonight 6" tommorrow and 8" tommorrow night
i just looked at the noaa website. it said 6" total.

if it light i can deal with it. but if its gona be heavy iv got my work cut out for me. iv got 18 houses to plow. about half are intown. and most have a 3ft pile already next to the garage and in the front yard.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Damn radio must be lying again!!! that was like over christmas they said 14-18 total and I think we got 10"

Old 02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

well i just watched the news about 2hrs ago. they said 1-4" tonight, 2-4" monday and another few on tuesday when its supose to taper off. depends on where you are. st. clouds supose to get round 10" the willmar granit falls areas supose to get round 12". so who knows. i just hope it stays light and fluffy. no more of this heavy wet crap. its a pain to move.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:10 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Well after gettg near 3ft of snow and more with snow drifts they are calling for 6-10 inches of more snow tomorrow. I spent all day yesterday digging out shoveled alot too, little sore as we Marylanders only get these big dumps every 7yrs or so and this storm has broke our record snow falls. Wow, now possibly another foot of snow. I know schools here will be out all week. Not sure how much work I will get to this week. Very interesting to say the least.

Still many without power in our county lots of streets not plowed mine included, ramps, overpasses of main highways. I hear only one lane on some of our streets in town, may venture out today and check out the situation, take the kids sledding and get more food supplies for anticipating to be snowed in a few more days this week.

Cheers,

R'

Old 02-08-2010, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like you guys got a real mess on your hands R' I'd tell ya to have fun in the snow, but I think it's beyond fun anymore

Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

We're pretty much used to this kind of thing up here in New England. Usually sets us back for a couple days even with all the equipment we have to clean up. The cities have it the worst with no place to put the snow when it gets piled up. Hope everything works out okay for you and yours Rtick.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Thx, 700! and MH so what do you NE'nders do then when you have these situations do you all NOT work either? B/C here it is more of the rare event up there I would imagine its a typical occurance with your winters. Do you all factor in missed work through the winter seasons on the the big dumps? Plows and blowers are nice but like you say you only have so many, so much time to clear and man power and places to store the snow. I would imagine its NO different from the respect but also CONSEED that you all don't sit home and close schools for less then 6"inches of snow when we do, lol..lol

Regards,

R'

Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

Never thought I would hear myself say it...but I am actually jealous that we have no snow right now! How messed up is that?!

Quick Reply: Snow'd in and no where to go!