Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

91 350L 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02magnum500
Yep, SW MN. I cant take it in the city. Tried that before. LOL.
Yeah, I can relate to that. I lived in Winona for 3 years while I was going to school and not having traffic was nice. Did get awfully boring though, but that could have just been Winona.

I'm just outside of the 494 loop, so at least I'm not in the inner city. I'd go nuts living downtown.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Gets his share of deer.

True.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you get the mounts off post a pic of them I may have some laying around

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ftwflh
When you get the mounts off post a pic of them I may have some laying around
Cool, thanks. I'm going to dig into it a bit tomorrow after work.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Worked on tearing it down a bit today. Didn't have much time so I was only able to get the rear plastic and racks off, but it let me get a little better look as to what I'm looking at.

Firstly, is the cap for the counterbalance oil a hex bolt that's tipped slightly upward, just below and to the passenger side of the exhaust outlet? Its the only thing I can really see that would be it. If that is is, should I pull the 3 drain plugs (right?) and just put some fresh stuff in there? How much do I put in there?

Secondly, I noticed what looks like a fuel line heading down from the carb, although I couldn't quite see where or if it connected to the carb, that's not connected to anything. I would assume it was a breather of some sorts, but it has a tiny in-line filter on it. Any ideas as to where this goes??

Old 02-12-2010, 04:01 AM
Trailblazer

Bikebandit.com has the parts for the upper struts fairly cheap. Good source for Polaris parts

Old 02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jetmecanic
Bikebandit.com has the parts for the upper struts fairly cheap. Good source for Polaris parts
Cool, I'll have to look into it. I've ordered from them in the past, but I assumed the struts would have come as a full assembly, not the individual components.

Before I order though I'll have to find a few more things to offset the shipping.

Anyone have any ideas on my previous post?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Worked on tearing it down a bit today. Didn't have much time so I was only able to get the rear plastic and racks off, but it let me get a little better look as to what I'm looking at.

Firstly, is the cap for the counterbalance oil a hex bolt that's tipped slightly upward, just below and to the passenger side of the exhaust outlet? Its the only thing I can really see that would be it. If that is is, should I pull the 3 drain plugs (right?) and just put some fresh stuff in there? How much do I put in there?

Secondly, I noticed what looks like a fuel line heading down from the carb, although I couldn't quite see where or if it connected to the carb, that's not connected to anything. I would assume it was a breather of some sorts, but it has a tiny in-line filter on it. Any ideas as to where this goes??
Can someone help me with the questions above?? I'm hoping to get these couple of things done tomorrow!

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:06 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Counter balance answer is yes that is where you fill and check the older models.
The hoe with the check in it off the carb is a vent line with a one ceck to keep water out

Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ftwflh
Counter balance answer is yes that is where you fill and check the older models.
The hoe with the check in it off the carb is a vent line with a one ceck to keep water out
Makes sense I suppose with the check valve.

So its only a few table spoons of oil in the counterbalance?

Quick Reply: 91 350L 4x4