Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Spring adjusters

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring adjusters

I found a great aftermarker spring adjustment kit (found in this forum) that is fantastic! If you plow as well as trail ride, this is a great alternative to using the home made spacers that do not adjust. Last week I purchased two products from tm2 in minnisotta that I think every Polaris 4x4 owner should purchase. The cost for the spring adjusters was $79.99 and I added a 1/2 spacer for $19.95 that eliminates the spring sags in the front. Their are three settings and at the highest, my bike no longer sags when the plow is up. They have two sites, TM2 Brooklyn Park, MN (763) 315-0200 and www.t-m-2.com check it out

Old 03-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

keep in mind that the home made spacers that i came up is a very cheap way(about $6.00 vs. that $100.00 you have up there)to take the sag out of the front end and is not made to be the best ride quailty. the key to this set up is to be cheap like me lol.

Old 03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Range Rover

I wasn't putting down your solution, just offering an alternative. I was in the process of making a set of spacers that you recommended when I found this web site and thought that the pricing was reasonable for what I was looking for...either way is a great improvement to stock!

Old 03-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Pro Rider

Yea they've been around for a few years now...

John

Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Range Rover

I am the one that posted the original thread about the progressors (http://forums.atvconnection.com/pola...egressors.html) and they are definitely worth the money if you want to be able to adjust the front spring rate of your ATV and still keep the ride comfort of a Polaris other times. Just preload the springs when you have a heavy load on the front or want a stiffer ride in the front for conditions where you are riding. Great product and they have not given me any problems to date .
As for the spacers $6.00 for plastic verses $19.95 plus shipping for billet aluminum that is up to the user. I will let everyone no if I think I need the spacers when I get a plow, but for now without the weight of the plow I highly recommend the progressors as an option to be able to adjust the front spring preload like you can on the rear.

Old 03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lugnut03
I wasn't putting down your solution, just offering an alternative. I was in the process of making a set of spacers that you recommended when I found this web site and thought that the pricing was reasonable for what I was looking for...either way is a great improvement to stock!
lugnut, i wasn't thinking you were, i was just pointing out that for some of the people on tight budgets this was an alternative. no harm on your point what so ever.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Trailblazer

what exactly does the spacer/adjuster do? level the front; or change spring rate/ride quality?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

what we are talking about are two separate products. The adjusters which are listed as pregressors on the TM2 sight give you the ability to set the preload on the front springs on a McPherson strut just like you can on the rear shocks of a Sportsman (see full review on the link posted above) the spacers add more preload that will be there all the time just like a lift kit does. they will both take the sag out of the front, it just depends on how much weight you carry as to weather you will need one or both and if you want adjustableity or not. If you just want one setting all the time and want to save some money go with stendori's homemade spacers (see sticky at top of forum page). hope this helps you understand better.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:51 AM
Trailblazer

Any idea if the adjusters offered by Polaris are the same as the TM2's?
Polaris link: Pure Polaris : Spring Pre-Load Adjusters

Old 03-02-2010, 09:04 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by wolfjon
Any idea if the adjusters offered by Polaris are the same as the TM2's?
Polaris link: Pure Polaris : Spring Pre-Load Adjusters
Yes, TM2 is the engineering firm that makes the product for Polaris. In fact, the person that I talked to, Todd, said he use to work for polaris... the Pregessors work with or withour the 1/2" spacer. I decided that I wanted the stock setting to be a little stiffer than what it is...

Quick Reply: Spring adjusters