Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Code 41 t-bap sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lovmudd
Is there anything you can do to prevent the failure from happening? Is it a big enough problem that a person should carry the repair kit with you? I would hate to get stranded on a ride.

The best fix would be a carb machine I don't see the benefit of EFI where people need to worry about them braking down and need to carry repair kits with them . I know when I go riding I'll be coming home running with no codes to worry about 6900 miles problem free .

Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

I agree, but the days of carb models is numbered, snowmobiles are getting them, dirtbikes, etc. Just a matter of time

Old 05-01-2010, 04:59 AM
Range Rover

I had the same problem of the broken wires on both the 2006 500's that we had. I cut the wires and soldered in new wires and made my own harness. I used 16 gauge stranded wire, which is way larger wire than what was OEM. 3 years later when I sold the quads they were still running great with no harness problems after repairing it. I think that Polaris is FOS saying you can't use larger wire.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Range Rover

Boy do I hate to read about this! As I have posted in the past I have replaced this harness 3 times and this last one I did a modification that has held the longest. I put a bed of silicone rubber all around the wires and down inside of the loom keeping the small wires from chafing. This issue has given me trouble 2 times on long rides once at Brimstone in Tenn. 20 miles from the truck. Emails to Polaris have all came back with the identical form letter to seek help from your dealer. I would not trade this ATV for nothing but POLARS your customer service is the only regret I have! Ho and with the extended warranty it still $50.00 deductable along with the 30mile drive and the loss of use for the repair. Hope someone from Polaris reads this and has the nads to reply. NOT LIKELY!!!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by uncertifiedmechanic
I agree, but the days of carb models is numbered, snowmobiles are getting them, dirtbikes, etc. Just a matter of time

I just hope that when the time comes that my 08 needs replaced that there still be selling the carb model . I run almost 100 % of the time alone and I don't want to always be thinking about the machine quitting . Why Polaris would build a new machine that is less reliable than the old one is beyond me . There EFI'S should be going 20,000 miles plus problem free with no problems what so ever , when that happens I'll buy one . Like how many EFI owner's go 6900 miles in 2 years without a single problem ? Thinking ahead down the line I might just install a new engine when need be I don't want to give up the reliability that I'm currently enjoying .

Old 05-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
My home made pliers did get the job too.

Originally Posted by Spdecat
I just hope that when the time comes that my 08 needs replaced that there still be selling the carb model . I run almost 100 % of the time alone and I don't want to always be thinking about the machine quitting . Why Polaris would build a new machine that is less reliable than the old one is beyond me . There EFI'S should be going 20,000 miles plus problem free with no problems what so ever , when that happens I'll buy one . Like how many EFI owner's go 6900 miles in 2 years without a single problem ? Thinking ahead down the line I might just install a new engine when need be I don't want to give up the reliability that I'm currently enjoying .
Well, my '07 Sportsman 800 X2 is the first 4 stroke and EFI I have ever owned as far as toys go. This T-Map/broken wire issue was minor, I've had the motor out of the chassis and on the bench to adjust valves, and basically to understand the whole motor. Oh yah, over 3,000 miles with just the broken wire so far, so here's hoping another 3000 miles with no problems can be be had!!

Old 05-01-2010, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Will the T-Map/broken wire issue leave one stranded in the bush ( bike won't run ) or does it just throw a code that you can fix later .

Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Range Rover

It will run but it will not idle and it will spit and sputter badly with no power to climb any kind of hills. I was able to open the wire loom and make repairs to get back to the truck. Keep a knife and a roll of tape in your tool pack. I have also had the harness fail at the solder joint in the connector and I just pulled out the rubber O ring and slid it over the striped wire and pushed it back in the correct position pushing the O ring back in to hold it in. Just some tips if you need to do repairs on the trail.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ZAKAZIM
It will run but it will not idle and it will spit and sputter badly with no power to climb any kind of hills. I was able to open the wire loom and make repairs to get back to the truck. Keep a knife and a roll of tape in your tool pack. I have also had the harness fail at the solder joint in the connector and I just pulled out the rubber O ring and slid it over the striped wire and pushed it back in the correct position pushing the O ring back in to hold it in. Just some tips if you need to do repairs on the trail.

Your sig says your running a 2008 was it that machine that failed already . Polaris needs to improve there EFI machines when a simple wire can cause a bad running bike . I have to think that at 6900 miles on a 08 that I would of had many EFI problems over the last two summers , if I have spark and fuel I'm running great sensor free

Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

What the hell is a code 41? Can it cause you to walk out of the bush instead of ride?

There making these ATVs more complicated then they need to be.

Quick Reply: Code 41 t-bap sensor