Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Emergency tools/packs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency tools/packs?

Just curious if anyone caries any extra tools or has purchased any of the tool kits online. Any recomendations on which ones are best or what the must have tools are?

Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Rotopax has a great kit and tho expensive it has alot of what you will ever need!

ATV Fuel Pack | Fuel Packs | ATV Fuel | Gas Container | Gas Can | Fuel Storage | Kolpin | Gas Cans | Jerry Cans

They also have a all Fist-Aid kit as well!

Old 03-04-2010, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

thats kind of what i am looking for. Hoping to find something a little smaller though that i can fit under my seat. Doub i will find something that small that has all the essentials though. thanks for the info.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:58 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i don't think you would find something that small. nice find hemi.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:14 AM
Range Rover
First Things First!

Besides the small tool kit that came with the ATV I just have a tire plug kit, air compressor, bottle of Slime and a good 10MM socket and 1/4 inch ratchet.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Besides the small ATV tool kit that came with the ATV I have a tire plug kit, Slime air compressor, a small Stanley socket set that I bought at Walmart, a couple of straps for pulling people out of mud, ****** block, a set of allen and torx wrenches from Sears that are the jackknife style, cargo net, small pruning saw for tree branches, Leatherman type tool, etc. The storage box under the front rack on my PoPo comes in handy.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Besides the small ATV tool kit that came with the ATV I have a tire plug kit, Slime air compressor, a small Stanley socket set that I bought at Walmart, a couple of straps for pulling people out of mud, ****** block, a set of allen and torx wrenches from Sears that are the jackknife style, cargo net, small pruning saw for tree branches, Leatherman type tool, etc. The storage box under the front rack on my PoPo comes in handy.
I run with pretty much the same things. I put them in a small soft sided cooler. It keeps them dry and when you strap it on the back rack or in my front storage being it is soft sided it colapses down and also keeps them from rattling around so much.

Old 03-06-2010, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

I went around my ATV and took a good hard look at the fasteners. I thought about what I could conceivably be fixing on the trail and looked at the fasteners I'd be removing and went from there. I keep a small set of sockets and wrenches I might need, screwdriver with appropriate bits, tire patch kit, compressor, mechanic's wire, duct tape, spare spark plugs, etc. Stuffed all of it in waterproof bags and containers that I stow in my fender bags.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

Looks like I will have to build my own kit.. and find something to store it in. Thanks for all the great ideas...

Old 03-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have the polaris rear cargo box gettin small rubber maid container works awesome for in there, sits perfect in the bottom without moving around. I carry a spark plug, new belt, ratchet set, small open end wrenches, allan wrenches, pliers, some clevises, tow rope, hand cleaner, a small hammer and it all fits in there good with lots of room to spare

Quick Reply: Emergency tools/packs?