Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Emergency tools/packs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
Ditto on the above- I carry a 1/4 ratchet set that has torx & allen bits, adjustable wrench, 50' rope, small compressor, tire plugs & slime, home made jumpers, tree saver strap, a ratchet strap, lighter, zip ties, water proof Band-Aids and an oven mitt (which I use to feed the winch cable back in, it removes all the crud from the cable and keeps the steel burrs from tearing into my skin) everything fits into a shaving pouch and if it's in deep woods I also pocket my AMT .45 backup 2.5"

Out of everything I carry- I've used the oven mitt & rope the most.

i carry the same AMT .45 backup that's funny

Old 03-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Trailblazer

after all of the great ideas you guys have given me i have given up on trying to fit it all or any in the storage. Any body ever use a SAWTOOTH MOUNTAIN FRONT RACK ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE (ATV) BAG - BLACK. There are few reviews and all are good. Reasonably priced(within my limited range) Any opinions appreciated. Especcially if it was used on an 02 sportsman.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the new semi-rigid cargo / seat bag from moose. I love it. two large side storage units, one long rear storage trunk, flip up / fold down seat, lots of zippers and pockets and it even has a 12" long sewn in shot gun shell holder (for all us hunters ) and cinch down nets- this thing was made for atv'ers who don't want a huge rear plastic 2up seat bolted on their rack.

It's somewhat of a low profile, light weight and it only cost $99 new! How can you go wrong. I have so much storage now- I look for things to pack- crap that I'll never use, but I just want to brag "yea- I got that in my trunk"

Attached Thumbnails Emergency tools/packs?-bag-3-.jpg   Emergency tools/packs?-bag-4-.jpg   Emergency tools/packs?-bag-5-.jpg  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:04 PM
Trailblazer

Sweet pack..im just looking for a front rack for now. I want a 2 up hard rack for the back but its a little out of budget right now. Ill have to see if what moose has for the front.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

Beergut... do you always carry the AMT..

Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beergut... do you always carry the AMT..
on local trails I don't, but on long trips- always. Either my AMT 45 or my 629 44 mag.

Sweet pack..im just looking for a front rack for now. I want a 2 up hard rack for the back but its a little out of budget right now. Ill have to see if what moose has for the front.
Check out Tamarack- Tamarack ATV Accessories - Quality ATV Boxes and Bags I've had a few 2-ups from them, pretty high quality seats. I have a 2-up heated seat with hand warmers for my wife during winter riding, it's awesome. Plus- Perfect customer service- best in fact.

I once lost the wiring book & harness for one of their seats- the Titan Heated Lounger- seen on my brute 750 in my album, I bought it used from another atv'er- I called Tamarack- a live person answered (I think her name was Debbie or Donna) was super friendly and within two days sent me the harness & wiring schematic- FOR FREE! I had no warranty or nothing. Then their tech actually called me to ask for my email- he wanted to email me the owners manual & wiring instruction via PDF- just to make sure I got my seat on before the weekend.
No lie- best service I've ever experienced from any atv company.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer

My grandpa always said "if you can't fix it with bailer twine, duct tape, or zip ties, it can't be fixed." lol