Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

scrambler reverse limiter

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scrambler reverse limiter

Any body having issues with the reverse limiter on there polaris? I hit reverse and she just putts and sputters and backfires a little. Works just fine when I push the bypass. My wife's works great and mine used to. Thanx for any input.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Do you have a clutch kit or higher engagement primary spring? Does everything work when you press the override?

Old 03-08-2010, 06:07 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unplug the blk wire off the limiter and it will be disabled in reverse but still work for 4x4

Old 03-08-2010, 11:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default limiter

Thanxs for the input guys. I will unplug the black wire. I have changed the primary spring and weights but it was doing this b4 I changed them. I was wondering if it would be okay to change back the primary spring and weights to stock, and leave the secondary alone? The secondary has the epi helix and a purple spring. As soon as I installed the clutch kit I lost some low end and there is no engine braking at all. I am new to all of this clutching stuff so I am kind of flying blind. I have got some great info from FTWFLH on what to use. I had already ordered the kit from epi and the guy I spoke to said that this would be a good setup. WRONG!!!! Thanx again for your input

Old 03-08-2010, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default clutch kit

Okay. So I called EPI about this clutch kit they sold me, and let me tell ya they were very helpful. they asked a bunch of ?s about the type of riding I do and about the quad and said that they are shipping out another primary spring for free. A purdy red one if I do recall. They said that the orange one they sent has the higher engagement speed and that all I have to do is give the quad a little gas when going down hill to get engine braking. Some of our hills out here in Central Oregon are 1/2 mile long and steap as hell, not to mention full of rocks and roots, slime, small woodland creatures and what have ya. Hopefully the red spring will do the trick. who do they make these kits for anyway? I WANT ENGINE BRAKING. (sorry had to rant a bit) Is there any place that I can research the workings of this clutch system?

Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey ftwflh. what was the name of that other polaris only site?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rrasor1@msn.com
hey ftwflh. what was the name of that other polaris only site?
GEN3USA
I have to agree with EPI on gasing it on down hills.All that does is keep the clutch kicked in acting like EBS.If you want true EBS you have to get the EBS system

Old 03-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default braking system

well I must have used the wrong wording. I had all kinds of engine compression b4 when I was going down hill. slowed me way down and I only had to use the brakes on the steep hills. Is that called down shifting?