Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

300 Xpress Owners Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 300 Xpress Owners Please

Hello all,

Just joined the forums here and have been looking around. Tons of good information here. I have owned a 97 300 Xpress for about 10 years now an it has been wonderful bike for me. Lately I have starting riding again with friends and I am wanting to sink a few dollars into it performance wise to put a little pep back in it's step. Wanted to get some feedback on some of you owners and see what you guys thought would help the most for my type of riding.

I am strictly a trail rider and plow snow in the winter months, never working with it. I am getting ready to put a set of stock size mudlites all the way around it. Was thinking of purchasing the stage 1 kit from RCR and throwing a new drive belt on it (never been replaced). Not too worried about top end, but love the low and mid-range power. Maybe sprockets?

This bike is completely stock and has never been touched, except for routine maintenance (minus the drive belt..lol)

I plan to upgrade to a newer bike in a couple of years, but really wanted to enjoy this 2-stroker for a while longer.

I may be crazy, but I have been looking for a winch mount for this thing as well. I figured the winch and snow plow can be moved to a different bike down the road. Anyone installed a winch on these before? I haven't had any luck finding a mount(i.e. Country Country lists one, but it's discontinued)

Thanks for looking and any advice would be appreciated.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my friend used rto have one years ago and had a winch mounted on it. check w/ rcr racing on what he thinks is a good way to go as he's really good on these 2 strokes for power. if alot of miles on bike maybe check clutches for rebuild as well.

Old 03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Stendori,

I plan on calling rcr for sure. I did happen to find a complete Viper Winch kit for this thing for 144 bucks.....The Viper reviews are pretty good from what can find.

Thanks for the feedback