Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

well- sold my 06 800 SP yesterday!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 09:37 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
What a 09 Grizz for $6000.00 If you dont buy it I will!!! Don't care where it's at!!!!

My bad- it's an 08 Grizz with only 219 miles on it. I offered him $6k for it and he accepted the offer. Here's the link

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 Fi

I'm actually at the point where I feel guilty about spending that kind of money just to ride trails-
I'll be riding with troy today so maybe that'll help me get over it

Old 05-15-2010, 09:43 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THat 08 Yamaha is quite a good deal with the new tires and XTRs.

Old 05-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by beergut
My bad- it's an 08 Grizz with only 219 miles on it. I offered him $6k for it and he accepted the offer. Here's the link

2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700 Fi

I'm actually at the point where I feel guilty about spending that kind of money just to ride trails-
I'll be riding with troy today so maybe that'll help me get over it
Dude that is awesome! Have a GF looking for one. I'll see what she wants to do! Thanks! Take care!

D57H

Old 05-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
What a 09 Grizz for $6000.00 If you dont buy it I will!!! Don't care where it's at!!!!
Was thinking the same thing. Great deal.....w/ps.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Well- it's been a couple of weeks since I sold my popo- and all I can say is this can-am is really just too fast for me (at the risk of sounding like a girl). It's scary sometimes. It pulls the front wheels up even with the 27" tires on it! It almost feels like a 2-stroke power band when you hit the throttle. At 30mph, if you hit the gas, it'll just spin the rear tires and go sideways! - no lie. My brute force had sic bottom end pull, but lost it fast in the mid & top range, this can-am 800 H.O has gobs of power in every range- too much for a guy who just likes farting around the trails like me. I actually regret selling my popo- it had a good broad range with plenty "git up n go" for me.

With the popo- I felt like I was riding "in it", with the outlander, I feel like I'm riding "on it"- I would flatten 2" - 3" trees with my popo and not even blink, with the outlander, I wouldn't even think about it- I find myself looking for a way around. I kind of feel my 08 outlander 800 H.O. is more for performance and thrills, and my 06 popo 800 was more utility & trail geared. They both offer cadillac feel when riding though. My biggest complaint about the outty... it literally cooks your left calf! The clutch housing & exhaust are both on the left and both heat up amazingly hot- Just an honest review from my seat- anyone else ever own both and have an opinion?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant believe you bout an atv with a snorkle on it that means it was beat to hell and the guys dumping it before it craps.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:51 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by hallj86
I cant believe you bout an atv with a snorkle on it that means it was beat to hell and the guys dumping it before it craps.
Ya- I know. I feel the same way about snorkels, but this is a snorkel for the clutch housing, not the air box. I guess he installed it to help vent the housing because it heats up so much. Hell- it's only seen one warm season- he bought it late in 08- was used over the winter and the following summer and into winter again, then I bought it this summer- so if it did see mud, couldn't have been too much.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:16 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Here's an idea, clean up the Outty and you should be able to turn around
and sell it for the same price you bought for. Heck, I would even jack it up a few hundred just for all your buyer/seller remorse and time spent, hard ache etc. Get the money and look into the new 09 Grizzleys or consider an XP. That is where I am at with my next move!

Cheers,

R'

Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 AM
Trailblazer

Guy down the street has a 800 he is a trail cop at a place I ride he loves his I know its none of my business but maybe ride it for awhile you might just like it we swapped for awhile riding if you think you had a change try going from a 500HO to the 800.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

I was just reading an article about how the outlander's don't like crawling under 10 mph- the clutch heats up. They were saying if you're doing under 20 mph to use low gear- very seldom will I get above 20mph in these trails- too rocky and windy. Maybe a clutch kit will help?

I'd sell it for $6500 as she sits and probably look at the grizz or xp- I've ridden troyboy68's 2009 grizz 500 with the P/S and I liked it.

Quick Reply: well- sold my 06 800 SP yesterday!