Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Buyer's remorse??

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyer's remorse??

Hi All,

How many on here have had buyer’s remorse, just before or after buying a new atv? Or second guess before purchase? Did it last long after?

Looking at a new Sportsman 500HO.

Thanks,

WIll

Old 06-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 09 800 was the first brand new wheeler I've bought. Never thought twice since after owning 3 used popos that never let me down. Bought my kid a brand new 300 and it has been flawless as well.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by switzomatic
My 09 800 was the first brand new wheeler I've bought. Never thought twice since after owning 3 used popos that never let me down. Bought my kid a brand new 300 and it has been flawless as well.

Thanks. That is one of the reasons why I am looking at new, warranty, and no issues from previous owners.

Always second guess myself before spending for a big ticket item.

Thanks,

Will

Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I've almost always done my homework before purchasing something that costs $$$. Been very happy with my polaris's. Never had any issues other than the regular wear and tear items that come with any quad. I'd say I have more sellers remorse than anything. Thinking back **** old quads, trucks,etc. Wishing I'd never let them go. Just remember that routine maintenance and not treating it like a second hand hoar is the key **** longevity no matter what you got.IMO

Old 06-17-2010, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I had buyers remorse after i sold my 05 700 **** get an 08 800ho, only because it was pretty much the same atv. wish i had just kept the 700 until the xp's came out.

but i didnt regret any of them really, have had alot of fun with the 3 atvs ive had.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Absolutely second guess my purchase. I had only owned Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki...and they were all really good machines. So...what lead me **** Polaris was the NEW XP design. Even though I was nervous about the purchase...I can say that my XP has been PERFECT! It really is the BEST ATV that I have owned.

One Happy Owner!

biz

Old 06-17-2010, 08:03 PM
"Official Site Skeptic"

47 yrs ago, I bought an engagement & wedding ring. Talk about buyers remorse.

LOL

Old 06-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Originally Posted by Mongrol
47 yrs ago, I bought an engagement & wedding ring. Talk about buyers remorse.

LOL
you hit it on the head! HA! HA!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Well I will be upside down one and will say this I have owned a Popo 600 twin and tho it was a good machine for the most part it did start to nickle and dime me. I am a person that cannot live with pops and bangs thing that hum or sounding like (or are) falling apart or just dont work! As Much as these toys cost I like things to work as they were designed and to do it quietly! To make a long story short and after 3 rear brake master cylinders 1 main brake master cylinder and 1 speedo I decided to see the machine and move on. I was kinda skeptical of buying a smaller lighter single cylinder machine but after plenty of research have found the Grizz meet my every need and then some! I am not here to sell you on the Grizz but you just need to find a machine that fits YOUR need and dont let anyone proswade you! The world is to small and life is to short to not enjoy the things that work best for YOU and make YOU happy!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

If you are second guessing your purchase! That already tells me that you probably had something else/better in mind therefore I would recommend doing you research (forums like this one and machine specific forms on the bikes you are looking at) on both machines and taking a test ride before purchasing!

Quick Reply: Buyer's remorse??