Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700 scrammy project . . . .

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010 | 07:43 PM
|
Trailblazer

there are aftermarket replacement shocks available (replaces item 2 in the diagram) link:

website: ATV and UTV Front & Rear Shocks (click the at steeler struts).

Thanks for the diagrams and links on the awd, i will leave it be unless it gives me issues, again very helpful . On the widining of the front i would extend the upper mounts to keep the strut angles the same.

i would imagine geting a 800 twin sportsman,would give you more room
yes it probably would, but 3 things why i don't want to go that way, 1 availability, 2 price, the sled engines will be cheaper, and most importantly 3. 140hp once piped, jetted, & tuned, so what double the power

Old 06-24-2010 | 08:00 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Aftermarket Performance struts for a Polaris, thats cool.

#4 The scrambler would be a lighter nimbler machine than a full size ute at the end.

Old 07-20-2010 | 11:13 PM
|
Trailblazer

Just thought i'd bring this back to the top with some updates:

the victim:

the powerplant:

The motor is a 680 triple out of a 96'polaris ultra rmk, quad is a 99 400 scrambler. In the bit of riding i've done, the lack of 4wd in reverse is a **** off and will be getting switched (yeah i may break parts, but when i have to leave the quad to go get help, ie a bigger quad to pull me out, in a shaddy area where the quad can get vandelized, i'd rather risk a broken axle) and i've found that the front hubs don't like water and started to disengage, well either the hubs or some electrics, either way its something i gotta fix, but yeah the project is officially underway (2200 for the quad, 400 for the motor).

Old 07-21-2010 | 11:11 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

The ATV should have,a yellow over ride button that needs to be pressed down while in reverse to have full power and AWD while in reverse.

Old 07-21-2010 | 11:15 PM
|
Trailblazer

was on the override and based on what you've said, seems that it wasn't working properly, so something is screwing up, i'm just going to have to bypass it so when the awd is engage its on, when its off its off type deal, yeah i can seal the electrics up but in the comp mud racing i do i learned long ago that less is more with electrics.

Old 07-26-2010 | 11:52 PM
|
Trailblazer

more pictures:

Old 07-27-2010 | 09:01 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider

Not sure how the XC700 project was done ,I think he used the sled motors Primary,and used the ATVs secondary and just did a great alignment job. You may have a tighter fit,being a triple it must be a bit wider than the XC700 twin.

Old 07-29-2010 | 12:05 AM
|
Trailblazer

going to be doing the bulk of the swap this weekend, and curious if anyone knows where, or has a wiring diagram for a 99 400 scrambler?

Old 08-02-2010 | 10:08 PM
|
Trailblazer

new motor is in and now i just have to deal with the electrics, run the coolant lines, and the biggie is running the exhaust, but it shouldn't be to bad. here are some pictures:
old vs. new:

mounts in place, did some finishing work after this picture though:

Old 08-05-2010 | 10:30 AM
|
Trailblazer

I was able to use an accel make a wire kit work, and its fits awesome with no issues, i was able to get the wiring hooked up with only one hitch, no kill switch as i believe i've bypassed the kill to the coils as i have a direct ground from the coils to the frame and i believe this bypasses the kill switch, so i will do a quick fix to try and correct that, but otherwise heres a few videos: Welcome to Facebook

First try to start the beast, did some checking and discovered i had reversed the number one and three coil wires, so i switched those and : Welcome to Facebook

so yeah its officaly running sounds like its running pretty good too (aside from needing to tune it, that said anyone have any links or info on tuning these carbs, i've played with the bigger ones lots, but these little guys i'm a little lacking in the knowledge of the habits of them). So tomorrow its finish the rad hoses, and get the exhaust in there tomorrow is a must, then its plastics and find some filters for it.

Quick Reply: 700 scrammy project . . . .