Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Homemade Coil Spring Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homemade Coil Spring Spacers

I was on here last week and found a post that showed how to make front coil spring spacers out of some PVC parts. And for the life of me, i cant seem to find it. Can anyone help me out? I've done a search MANY time with no prevail. Thanks in advance!!

Joe

Old 06-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Trailblazer

I think that was posted by stendori... you could probably PM him.

Jim

Old 06-26-2010, 05:01 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrewCabMax
I was on here last week and found a post that showed how to make front coil spring spacers out of some PVC parts. And for the life of me, i cant seem to find it. Can anyone help me out? I've done a search MANY time with no prevail. Thanks in advance!!

Joe
look up in the sticky thread area. there is no pics anymore, but the directions are still there.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just installed my homemade spacer .wow what difference , my front tires are almost perfectly straight up and down , my steeringis much lighter and the ridefeels better not so spongie. Pretty quick to do about an hour and I have zero experience in mechanical.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

Originally Posted by rui500polaris
Just installed my homemade spacer .wow what difference , my front tires are almost perfectly straight up and down , my steeringis much lighter and the ridefeels better not so spongie. Pretty quick to do about an hour and I have zero experience in mechanical.
your welcome

Old 03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanx, very happy with how the quad looks and feel with spacer and best of all was the total amount of money I spent. $0.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rui500polaris
Is that what the spacers do? What about HD coils?

Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

heavy duty springs do the same thing, by taking the famous sag out of the front end and bringing it back to where it was new. it's basicly a weak design from polaris that they used for years and it effects the bike greatly form harder steering to bottoming out quicker and the camber being off. the spacers do this like the heavt duty springs do, just with out spending alot of money. it was just me being cheap.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"It was just me being cheap" No matter how you put it, it is a few bucks that can be used otherwise and is appreciated. I too utilized your write-up as a guide and installed the PCV spacers. I particularly liked the fact that it doesn't feel like the tire is trying to tuck under while cornering. Thanks again for your contributions.

Fred

Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by stendori
heavy duty springs do the same thing, by taking the famous sag out of the front end and bringing it back to where it was new. it's basicly a weak design from polaris that they used for years and it effects the bike greatly form harder steering to bottoming out quicker and the camber being off. the spacers do this like the heavt duty springs do, just with out spending alot of money. it was just me being cheap.
Thanks a lot. I think I will add a set of coil spring spacers. I like the way it rides now, not sure I want it any stiffer. But it sounds like it will handle better? And will get rid of that front tire camber?

Quick Reply: Homemade Coil Spring Spacers