Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2011's are unvailed... Be honest, what do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sportszillasheex
polaris cant make up there mind... it was a fullsize to begin with (sportsman 450) and i dont mind it being on the bigger chassis, but getting rid of the 300 wasnt a good idea to me.. they should have put the 330 in it and change the looks to make it more appealing. jokout, you're saying the smaller 400 was quicker then the 500 ho?
I know someone whose step mom bought a 2010 300, and what a low quality POS it was. They should have re done it like you said.

I do agree with the new changes to the 400HO as it is a "Value" line atv. If I want all the bells and whistles, I would buy a 550XP, or an Outty 400, but I don't. The new 400HO is all I need.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
I know someone whose step mom bought a 2010 300, and what a low quality POS it was. They should have re done it like you said.

I do agree with the new changes to the 400HO as it is a "Value" line atv. If I want all the bells and whistles, I would buy a 550XP, or an Outty 400, but I don't. The new 400HO is all I need.
you dont "need" power steering or efi anyway, the 400 and the 500 are the best value on the market... no other machine offers more for the money i think. did you ever ride an outlander? i took a short stint on one many years ago at a dealer and thought it was pretty sweet, but i dont know if its better then my 500..

Old 08-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

you dont "need" power steering or efi anyway, the 400 and the 500 are the best value on the market... no other machine offers more for the money i think. did you ever ride an outlander? i took a short stint on one many years ago at a dealer and thought it was pretty sweet, but i dont know if its better then my 500..

I agree on both. I am fine with armstrong steering and a carb.

I was going to test ride the Outty 400, until he told me the price, which was $8,800, and that was the best one I could find. I do not think that is worth the extra $$ over the 500HO, cause at the time I priced them out, the 500 came in at $6,300. But the 2011 at my local dealer is more money. I have started shopping around, and have found better prices. The 400HO is cheaper, not at my local dealer, but at another, just about an hour away. May go that route.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

You mignt not "Need" EFI or power steering but once you have it you will NOT want to go back! That is my only gripe with the 450 Grizz is that there is no EFI and when you are hunting in 20 deg weather at 9000 feet it sure can make life a lot more pleasurable! my old Polaris 600 Twin was a nightmare to get warmed up in cold weather during plowing season! Guess if you live in a wam belt of the US its no big deal but for the other 80% of us EFI invaluable!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:56 PM

a twin cylinder is usually more cold blooded... and the fuji polaris' start up no problem for me in cold weather. as far as power steering, you and many others may like it, but some dont care for it! even guys that have it sometimes say "i could have gone without it" these arent cars, why add all this complexity? because people will buy it thats why! maybe when im 65 i'll opt for granny steering

Old 08-07-2010, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

a twin cylinder is usually more cold blooded... and the fuji polaris' start up no problem for me in cold weather. as far as power steering, you and many others may like it, but some dont care for it! even guys that have it sometimes say "i could have gone without it" these arent cars, why add all this complexity? because people will buy it thats why! maybe when im 65 i'll opt for granny steering
Trust me you don't need to be 65 to enjoy the benefits of power steering! There is a lot more to power steering than the obvious such as anti kickback. Sure you can buy a steering stabilizer but why not enjoy the benefits of both. I promise that there are more people enjoying the benefits of power steering than are not! Most of the people that dont like it the ones that A. dont own a quad with it or B dont ride fast enough to feel the benefits! Power steering and EFI are the best invention to come to the ATV market since invention of the ATV itself!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:48 PM

you state your opinion almost as if its fact, when it is not. please read again NOT EVERYBODY NEEDS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES! the only reason i even have an efi quad is because they werent making the carbed 500 at the time (back and forth is polaris nature). my father has my old carb 500 and it starts up just as easily, except you have to pull this heavy little **** at 1st start up... if i rode on pavemt a lot i wouldnt mind power steering, but i sure as hell am not paying $1000 or so extra for it when i DONT need it! if they took these features away, would you stop riding?

Old 08-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Well my opinion in closer to being fact than fiction. You can have you carbed quads I will ride my more effective EFI units along with enjoying my power steering! See you on the trail!

Old 08-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Trust me you don't need to be 65 to enjoy the benefits of power steering! There is a lot more to power steering than the obvious such as anti kickback. Sure you can buy a steering stabilizer but why not enjoy the benefits of both. I promise that there are more people enjoying the benefits of power steering than are not! Most of the people that dont like it the ones that A. dont own a quad with it or B dont ride fast enough to feel the benefits! Power steering and EFI are the best invention to come to the ATV market since invention of the ATV itself!
Sounds like a Yammi owner if I ever heard one. LOL

BTW, the PS is almost nill at high speeds. You should know that. Also, the anti-kick back feature has nothing to do with the EPS (on an XP anyways).

There are more people enjoying the XP line, especially the 850 engine, than people talking up EPS. It's a nice feature, but it's not at the top of the list for most people.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:00 AM

thank you roofer! maybe when somebody comes out with a quad that steers itself hemi will be 1st on the list (unless its not a yamaha) good day..

Quick Reply: 2011's are unvailed... Be honest, what do you think???