Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who else is sick of winter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope winter is gone and spring is here. I just went out for lunch a while ago and it was such a beautiful day. I almost forgot to come back to work. It is aobut 60 degrees and the sun is shinning nice and warm. The only thing that sucks about today is that I am stuck here at work and I can't enjoy my riding.... I think I feel a cold coming on...
I am supposed to go riding with some friends on Saturday but with my luck another storm will be moving in by then. I will have to watch the weather report tonight and see what the weekend is supposed to be like. I hope the weather holds out like this all week/month/season. Man I love Spring!!!!! I love riding!!!!

Old 03-06-2001, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

It rained about 3 inches on Saturday, and on Sunday it was sunny and I went out and cut both front and back lawns. During hunting season it was so cold at the camp, the water pipes would freeze even with the water flowing wide open. We couldn't get the camp house above 40 degrees at night, with the fireplace, a kero-sun heater and an electric oil heater. The toilet was even frozen over !!

Old 03-06-2001, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

It rained about 3 inches on Saturday, and on Sunday it was sunny and I went out and cut both front and back lawns. During hunting season it was so cold at the camp, the water pipes would freeze even with the water flowing wide open. We couldn't get the camp house above 40 degrees at night, with the fireplace, a kero-sun heater and an electric oil heater. The toilet was even frozen over !!

Old 03-06-2001, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

WEll, I will definately have to agree with most of u guys, winter sux!
I'm gettin sick of the cold weather, I can't wait until spring and summer get here!

Peace

BMXATV10

Old 03-07-2001, 07:45 AM
Range Rover

Well today is Wed. Was not at work Tues. neither was anybody else. We just dug out of 30" of snow. So much snow I cant even get the sled out. Just got new wheels for the Scrambler. Douglas 190 polished alum. They look great. The boys are goin nuts. They cant wait till the snow goes so they can get their wheelers out.By the way tt goin to Salt Lake City the end of March. Sounds like I need to convince the boss to let me bring the Scrambler. Can I put that in the suitcase?

Old 03-07-2001, 09:30 AM
Trailblazer

sick of [blue] winter ? [/blue]
no way... it's [yellow] spring [/yellow] here !!!

Old 03-07-2001, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

MaineRider,
If you are coming out the end of March I would bring the quads for sure!!! There is an ATV Club that is having a Poker Ride on Saturday 31st of March. The Trail is down on the San Rafael Swell. Very beautiful country!!!! Maybe you could talk your boss into letting you off for the weekend or extending your visit and come and ride in God's Country . We could even make a trip down to the "Devils Race Track" for another nice ride.

Old 03-07-2001, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

Even though I have two Indy sleds and there is still 3 feet or more of snow on the ground the sledding is awesome, i want MUD! sleddind is ok but you have to bundle up like a spaceman, i can put 5 dollars of gas in my ATV and go all day my sled needs at least 20 bucks to go all day plus oil!. no storage even if you could put food or drink in the trunk it freezes in no time. most people who ride sleds around here act like they are auditioning for a race sponsor. Give me MUD!!!!!! and under 25 mph!!!!

Old 03-07-2001, 12:24 PM
Range Rover

Going riding and camping this weekend again. Supposed to get a "cold" front coming in (Low in 40's at night, high in 60's & low 70's day) Better break out the jackets

I love the winter! (in Florida) It's the Summer that sucks for riding

Old 03-07-2001, 03:48 PM
Range Rover

I'm coming out the last week of March. Flying out of Boston on the 27th. It's a fireplace convention so I'll be "working" all week. Besides I bet they won't put my ride in the cargo hold

Quick Reply: Who else is sick of winter?