Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Who else is sick of winter?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2001, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were do you ride in Tampa? i lived near Clearwater back in 1996 wished i had a personal water craft. loved it there have several freinds in Largo.

Old 03-07-2001, 05:14 PM
Range Rover

We ride in the Withlacoochie State forest Croom Motorcycle area up in Brooksville (about 40 min ride).

Old 03-07-2001, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

What is wrong wiht you peaple? why cant you ride in the snow? I love riding in the snow wven on my dirtbike. I ride as much now as I do in the summer.

Old 03-08-2001, 01:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know that I already said in here that I was sick of winter but now that i got the sled running(now goes like a raped ape)it is great what snow is left but a lot of the hill tops are bare here but still if it is goin to all melt i hope it does it quick so i can go water skippin' that is great spring time fun on the sled till it sinks and if it is not your sled sinkin it is even better we sold the XLT tonight so now i am tryin to convince Dad to buy an Xplorer for more spring time fun

Old 03-08-2001, 09:56 AM
Trailblazer

What's Winter?

Old 03-10-2001, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

. I live in Southern New Hampshire, where we just got another 10" on top of the 29" we got at the beginning of the week. I HAVE HAD ENOUGH. I am running out of room, there is no place to push the snow. The snow bank at the beginning of my driveway is taller than my truck.
I thought I wouldn't mind Winter because of my winter toys ( Polaris Snowmobile, 01' Dodge Ram 4x4). I AM WRONG.
. I have ridden my Quads in the Snow, Sure its fun, but I am ready for SUMMER. I am ready for Mudding and to open my pool. I am even willing to cut the grass with the push mower!

Old 03-14-2001, 12:57 PM
Range Rover

Man, I guess I am on the opposite side of the spectrum. I am so sick of summer I am dreading spring coming here in Florida. It is hot as %$#@ here ALL the time it seems like and it is wonderful to feel cold for a change. The 95 degrees is more like 105 with 85% humidity(feels like 110 degrees or hotter) and just miserable. The mosquitoes here are awful and basically after april I quit riding until October unless it is late evening trail riding after work when it cools down to a nice 95 degrees of cool refreshing air. (sarcastic) ..... Snow sounds cool because you can wear enough clothes to stay warm but what do you do when its so hot?? You can't take your skin off to cool down.

Old 03-14-2001, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Well it is about 40 Degrees out and buitiful. Now it is time to get the wood going for next winter. Everything revolvs around winter Here Ice fishing wood heat snow plows Ect But spring is always better then winter.

Old 03-14-2001, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

Agreed Duckman....winter is mudding time down here. I miss shooting the creek but a lot of our high trails become some of the ugliest, muddiest ruttiest (not a word I know). It makes me wish I had gone ahead and bought my mudding tires.

I mainly ride Spring Creek. Where do you ride San Jac or Cypress or elsewhere? I haven't been to San Jac since they started towing everybody from under the bridge. Gonna have to find a new place to drop in I suppose.

I really don't miss snow that much. lived up north for a few years when I was young. Snowmobiling does look way cool though.

In Tejas winter, spring, summer, fall..... *shrug* It's all good fer riding!

Regards,

MrMan

Old 03-14-2001, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

Mr Man, I mainly ride San Jac locally. I live on the river above Hwy 90 so it is a very short drive for me. There are two places where you can park for a small fee and not worry about gettin' towed. Loves Marina is $4 and across the street at Ms Ellis's is $3. If we bring an RV we will park at Love's but every other time we park at Ellis's. SHe watches our trucks for us too. Haven't ever ran Spring Creek although a buddy of mine wants me to come up there. I have also been to Alto a few times, CycleLand, Marshall, and the Marengo Swamp Run. Marengo is HELL. If you want directions to the places I mentioned where you pay to park drop me an email and I'll give you directions.

Quick Reply: Who else is sick of winter?