Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

250 Trailblazer Mods - Some specifics, please?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 Trailblazer Mods - Some specifics, please?

I have read dozens of threads on here talking about the various engine and clutch mods for the Trail Blazer 250. Some are about useless - others are vary helpful!!

I currently have the top end removed from the machine (engine still in quad) as I was getting only 85 PSI on my compression tests. I dropped the cylinder at the shop today for a bore/hone and ordered a new Wiseco piston/ring kit and the gaskets.

This is my daugher's machine and I figured while I had it apart (partially) I'd make some additional upgrades.

I have the head at work and can deck the head but need a number. .030" is my guess - can anyone confirm this or give me a different dimension?

As for porting, I've seen the work performed but have never done so myself. I have the tools for that too and if anyone knows the specifics of the port-matching please let me know. We can port and polish this at my work as well.

Does anyone have any specs on the flywheel lightening process? I can machine whatever works but do NOT want to lose the pull-start capabilities.

I am doing this work in preparation for a possible clutch upgrade and exhaust. The exhaust seemed to have the broadest range on opinion in all the threads I read.

We are doing these upgrades in stages so any improvements will be minor at each stage but hopefully when all is done she'll have a very capable trail machine.

She was finding this machine to be a little "sluggish" and I'm sure the compression issue had something to do with it. Also just replaced a weak stator. We are strictly a trail-riding family so she doesn't need to go 75 mph but would like to give it some additional zip.

Any other input is appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

You may want to call Rick Ritter and talk to him about the porting and flywheel lightening.

Connection member ftwflh has, what I would say is some of the best clutching advice here on the forums. You can get a exhaust that is tuned for the trails, but you'll really need the clutch matched to it.

Stock, these things are pretty tame, but with just a few mods, they can surprise most people with the extra zip they had hidden.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just do the top end and go with a HPD pipe and clutch kit.Has a high engagement rpm but a great pipe.RcR can get it for you in his stage one kit

Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a choice of 4 stages you can chose from. Aaen Performance - Polaris ATV Trailblazer 250

Old 09-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
You may want to call Rick Ritter and talk to him about the porting and flywheel lightening.

Connection member ftwflh has, what I would say is some of the best clutching advice here on the forums. You can get a exhaust that is tuned for the trails, but you'll really need the clutch matched to it.

Stock, these things are pretty tame, but with just a few mods, they can surprise most people with the extra zip they had hidden.
i agree on calling RCR racing(rick) for the best advice.