Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Reverse lights: Sportsman XP

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would be great if you could help me with this chuck, do you have a wiring diagram or something?

@ itsfit, i have thought about it, but it is just 2 relays and some wiring, thinking it would be much easier to just have the wiring diagram.
You see, i live in Norway - long way to ship, and i'm just a little bit impatient But thanks for the tip, will probably go for that kit if chuck isn't able to help me (i'm also bad at doing something i'm explained in theory xD).
Btw, does the kit fit the XP?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

send me your email ill help ya out.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
send me your email ill help ya out.

This place sells a kit for Polaris ATVs 2008 and beyond. Kit includes a cool electronic sensor module about the size of a match book. I installed one on my 2009 550 XP and it works great. Two of my friends have the kit also. Very easy to install, takes about 45 min to 1 hour and requires no cutting or spicing of existing wires! It does not interfere with factory mode feature and works great. I love the fact when I plow my rear light comes on when I shift to reverse. Kit is about $50 and well worht it! very high quality not like some of the junk some places are selling.
The kit features:
12vdc power (up to 15A) when gear selector is in reverse position
Can be used for accessories such as Backup Lighting, Reverse Warning, etc..
Headlight pod mounted switch provides 3 user selectable settings:
Power on in any gear selected
Power on only with “Reverse” gear selected
Power always off
High Tech Electronic Sensor Module is 100% compatible with ATV ECU
Maintains full function of both handlebar and Pod “Mode” buttons
Easy installation requires no cutting or splicing of OEM wiring
Comes with easy step-by-step instructions!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've already bought the kit from quadovator.com, and it worked great!
But, when i tried to connect a power supply(?) paralelly to the light(switch, relay), the gear indicator gets a bit funny xD
Want to have the ability to have it on all the time, f. ex. if i'm doing stuff behind the atv, anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for any answers

Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by bjugen
I've already bought the kit from quadovator.com, and it worked great!
But, when i tried to connect a power supply(?) paralelly to the light(switch, relay), the gear indicator gets a bit funny xD
Want to have the ability to have it on all the time, f. ex. if i'm doing stuff behind the atv, anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for any answers
What year and model is your machine? I don't belive the Quadovator kit will work on 2008 and newer if you want the light to come on when you shift to reverse. Please read again the list of features in my last post. The kit I refer to has ablity to do all you want and more and will not interfere with the display or any other funtions. It is 100% compatible with the OEM system.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

the quadovator kit will definitely work on the 2009 850 xp. I bought the taillights for 2008 800 and the quadovator worklight/backup light kit. the 800 taillights have the clear portion included in the lense. Works like a charm.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've already said that the kit worked...

Just want to be able to have the light on all the time in some cases

EDIT: Btw, what is the kit you talk about called? Might look into it...

Old 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by bjugen
I've already said that the kit worked...

Just want to be able to have the light on all the time in some cases

EDIT: Btw, what is the kit you talk about called? Might look into it...

bjugen,
No need to get "huffy". I'm just trying to help.

That's the problem. The Quadovator kit is not really compatible with the factory ECU. I have seen guys burn up $450 ECU's over time with this by-pass method. The kit I purchased does not require any wires to be cut or spliced and the impedance is matched to be compatible with the factory ECU. This kit will allow the light to be on all the time if you desire! I got it through EBay... I'll forward the link, just need to check my records. Again kit is really cool, because it just plugs in... NO cutting or splicing.

Old 11-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by slowburn

That's the problem. The Quadovator kit is not really compatible with the factory ECU. I have seen guys burn up $450 ECU's over time with this by-pass method. The kit I purchased does not require any wires to be cut or spliced and the impedance is matched to be compatible with the factory ECU. This kit will allow the light to be on all the time if you desire! I got it through EBay... I'll forward the link, just need to check my records. Again kit is really cool, because it just plugs in... NO cutting or splicing.

Now that sounds like the perfect kit for our XP's. Very interested to see that link...

Awesome!

biz

Old 11-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

No intensions of being "huffy" slowburn (if i got the meaning right xD)

Just wanted a way to have lights on with the kit i already buyed, but if this is the only option/a better option i will go for your kit.

Btw, appreciate your advice

Quick Reply: Reverse lights: Sportsman XP