Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Reverse lights: Sportsman XP

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010 | 03:06 AM
Pro Rider

yup it possable. i did it when i wired mine in. so it will come on auto in reverse, i can also turn it off if needed and also on all the time when the key is on. if you dont have a center off 3 postion switch you will need to get one. as of what wires or colors do what on yours i cant say but i do have a wireing diagram that i figured out for mine. been working for 2yrs now. no issues. and it didnt cost me any thing cept a $10 oem polaris hand warmer switch.

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:40 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

So you are thinking about a switch where you toggle between sending electricity to the reverse-light relay, or directly to the light?
The problem then is that when i turn it off/direct, the R-indicator won't work.
I think it's because it messes up the recistance system...

Btw, still waiting for link slowburn

Old 11-25-2010 | 10:55 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Seems like a lot of work, has anyone ever at night had a hard time seeing just to back up a few feet? The tail light throws enough light for that I find.

Old 11-25-2010 | 11:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by biz4two
Now that sounds like the perfect kit for our XP's. Very interested to see that link...

Awesome!

biz
Here is the link on EBay.
Reverse Power Kit for POLARIS XP ATVs - eBay (item 260698374274 end time Dec-25-10 09:30:21 PST)

bgugen, this kit will do everthing you are looking for! Sorry for the delay with this link.

Old 11-26-2010 | 10:22 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the link slowburn, i'm gonna send an e-mail to the guy tomorrow

TLC, depends on how dark it is

Old 11-26-2010 | 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by bjugen

bjugen, np... you are really going to like the kit!

TLC, the way we ride, I like to know I can get out of trouble faster than I got into it!

Do a LOT of night riding and sometimes need to backup a long way. Also it's great to have the light for plowing. We get 350" of snow per season and many time I am plowing in the dark. With the kit I recommended, not much trouble at all.

Old 11-27-2010 | 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by slowburn
Here is the link on EBay.
Reverse Power Kit for POLARIS XP ATVs - eBay (item 260698374274 end time Dec-25-10 09:30:21 PST)

bgugen, this kit will do everthing you are looking for! Sorry for the delay with this link.

Awesome link...and product!!!

It's things like this...that make this forum so valuable.

biz

Old 12-08-2010 | 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

Slowburn is right on target. I damaged my ATV with the Quadrovator kit $432.00 worth of ECU damage. I talked to the engineer who developed this unit and installed one in less than a half hour. It has 3 setting by way of a pod mounted switch. This is the only kit available that has a switch that allows the light to be turned on not only in reverse but you can have it be on all the time or inactivate it but the switch on the pod. It is perfect and at least 7 members of my club are ordering them. No fustration high quality and expert easy to follow instructions. The go to Ebay and search "Polaris Reverse Back up Light kit and the seller is rac-engineering . the kit is only $37.95 bargain of the year.

Old 12-09-2010 | 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by bjugen

bjugen, did you ever get your kit for the light to come on in reverse?

Getting much snow? We got about 4". I was hoping for more, so I could go out and "play"

Old 12-10-2010 | 02:29 AM
|
Weekend Warrior

I currently have the quadovator.com kit, but the power kit is on it's way ;D
Actually got it for free, and in exchange all i have to do is to tell people on the norwegian forum I'm on how it works, if i liked it or not etc. I usually tell people about accessories i've tried anyways so

Can honestly tell you, he is a very good seller with good service. Btw, I'm not just telling you because of the free kit

We haven't gotten much snow here in Norway, just about 5 cm
But, on the plus side the ice on the nearby lake is getting really thick, well over 20cm due to the cold weather we've had for the last weeks, -20 constantly.
Very fun to just drift around on the ice

Quick Reply: Reverse lights: Sportsman XP