Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Universal CV boot Kit, Yea or NA

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 10:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Universal CV boot Kit, Yea or NA

I tore a boot, so doing some research I see that universal silicone boot kits are available for about half of what my dealer wants for a Polaris boot. Anyone have any comments on these boots?
I see some boots are rubber and some are silicone, what works best?
I have a buddy with numerous different bikes that he use for a fishing business here in Kodiak and having a universial fit boot would help him as well. They even have a tool that expands the boot so you can slide it over the CV joint and you do not have to remove or dissasemble the shaft.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Friend of mine just recently bought a "universal" boot kit for his 2002 Polaris Sportsman that had one torn by a stick getting up under his machine. Didn't fit right and leaked grease. I'd go with an OEM one of the universal kits.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Polaris boots are the best that I have found.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer

steffco,
I can't comment on which is better, honestly I can't say.
Recently I tore the inner front boot on my 850xp purchased a replacement kit from Polaris. My dealer put it on for b/c I brought them the axle. I must say it took them a while to get that thing on as the band clamps are very short.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by steffco
I tore a boot, so doing some research I see that universal silicone boot kits are available for about half of what my dealer wants for a Polaris boot. Anyone have any comments on these boots?
I see some boots are rubber and some are silicone, what works best?
I have a buddy with numerous different bikes that he use for a fishing business here in Kodiak and having a universial fit boot would help him as well. They even have a tool that expands the boot so you can slide it over the CV joint and you do not have to remove or dissasemble the shaft.
na! stay w/ oem(even though more money) and you'll have better luck. imo

Old 10-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

Stick with stock on those. They are made to fit.

Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

HELL NO! The universal boots are poor quality and much more difficult to install. Go with the Polaris boot kit.

Trending Topics

Old 10-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Pro Rider

Call 1-800-238-2326 The C_V man will fix you up, good products good prices, Ive replaced several boots and axles on different machines his stuff is better than stock and alot cheaper.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

There are so many aftermarket Boot kits,some good ,some bad, but all cheaper then OEM ,that is always the case.
I just changed a Boot it works like it should ,even bought it from my Polaris Dealership (They deal in Aftermarket parts also) but it was Not "Pure Polaris" I forget who made it,I did not really pay attention after all its just a boot with two rings and a bag of grease,nothing high tech. Works as good as a boot can I quess.

I needed a Bendix drive 3 years ago,my Polaris dealer said he had a OEM for $270 Canadian or a Kimpex for $75 ,so I got the Kimpex,it works great. I always use Kempex parts on my sleds without a problem. Aftermarket does not always mean cheaply made just less mark up cost.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

I bought 1 non-OEM and it was junk but I have also bought the EPI boots and they were thicker and seem to be more durable.

Quick Reply: Universal CV boot Kit, Yea or NA