Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

C'mon.....Where U at??????

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C'mon.....Where U at??????

So who's gone flyin around a corner only to find when you look back you buddies aren't there? You give it the ole' 20 sec wait, and then "ahh ****, what happened?" I headed back only to find my buddy's bike abandoned. What the hell?? I give it little more gas and find one of my buddies in the woods with the bike on it's side and the other holding his thumb.. (me)Dude, what happened? (him)Man, I did it wrong. I can't bend my thumb! (me)I guess it was the sudden stop huh? u jack ***.....whadja do to my bike!?

I don't know what's up with his thumb, hope its not broken....he's icing it and he'll see in the morning. We both got a laugh and limped the trailblazer home by pulling on the throttle cable. The thumb assembly was smashed.. I busted his ***** pretty good, but I am very glad he walked away!!

Who's got a buddy story!!??

Old 10-25-2010, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

My buddy's son, James was always good for a chuckle. Did a few things where he didn't get hurt but were but gusting funny. One ride he was on an old Honda 250 and his brother and my son were on Sportsman 500s. It started raining really hard. The kind of rain where you have to blow out a breath to clear the water so you can breath in. All day they were waiting for James to get near a puddle and would run up beside him and cover him. On the way back James kept looking over his shoulder to keep an eye on them. A washout had cut a small ditch into a corner just in the time we rode into the woods. He happened to look back, turn his head just in time to see the ditch, jam both front tires into the ditch, come to an immediate stop, with the momentum throwing him forward. My son and his brother saw him go up and hold a handstand for a good 4-5 seconds before he gave in to gravity. Another time, we were coming off a high speed section that has an uphill left that goes into the woods. His brother and my son who knew the trail better did it in a nice flowing corner. James, not really seeing the trail cut the turn too late and ended up in a ditch just after the trail.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

One time I went out with 7 or 8 of us and about 4 of us got way ahead.. and as we were waiting in this section of powerlines I thought it would be a funny idea to make it look like someone wiped out and got hurt LOL.. So we had to most stupid person that we would expect to kill himself push his ATV up the side of a powerline and he laid on the ground face down.. When the others were in sight we all grouped around him and screamed and he kept yelling I cant feel my legs LOL.. You know the more i write of this story the worse it sounds.. Anyway the others showed up and you could actually see in real time the color draining from there once smiling faces LOL My friend greg pulled out his cell phone and was gonna call 911 so my faking friend jumped up said I'm ok now.. Was good stuff.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by unit6666
One time I went out with 7 or 8 of us and about 4 of us got way ahead.. and as we were waiting in this section of powerlines I thought it would be a funny idea to make it look like someone wiped out and got hurt LOL.. So we had to most stupid person that we would expect to kill himself push his ATV up the side of a powerline and he laid on the ground face down.. When the others were in sight we all grouped around him and screamed and he kept yelling I cant feel my legs LOL.. You know the more i write of this story the worse it sounds.. Anyway the others showed up and you could actually see in real time the color draining from there once smiling faces LOL My friend greg pulled out his cell phone and was gonna call 911 so my faking friend jumped up said I'm ok now.. Was good stuff.
OMG!!!! I was literally laughing out loud!!! My eyes even teared up from laughing!! That sounds EXACTLY like something I would do!!! When I read this story to the wife she even said "that sounds like something you would do"
In fact, I don't know how hold you are, but if you are old enough to have ever heard the ORIGINAL Eddie Murphy album (BEFORE Delirious) he tells a story about a guys getting run over in the streets of Brooklyn and he yells "I can't feel my legs, I can't feel my legs" and that is exactly what I pictured your friend doing!!!

Great one, thanks for posting!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Range Rover

First trip to Hatfield-McCoy Memorial Weekend of 2009 I think it was. After a few days of riding we decided to take "one last run" before packing up to go home.

We were DEEP on the trails and running a nice wide, well-groomed trail with only a few very sweeping curves. I am point man and stopped just before going up a switchback so everyone could ride up and check in. 10 seconds....20 seconds....by the time 30 seconds hit, I knew something was wrong. When I saw my daughter come around the turn NOT wearing a helmet my heart sank - she was at the #3 spot!!

I HAULED back as fast as I could to see the wife (rider #4) standing beside my son with his quad on it's side. Now my heart just stopped beating.

I lept off and made sure he was conscious and then proceeded to run a check on him. Head, apendages, pupils, alertness, etc. Helmet had no scratches or cracks.

The wife was convinced we'd have to life-flight him out. While I let him rest for a minute I looked over the scene. It appears he understeered (real word??) on a sweeping right curve to the point where his front right tire struck the only big stone w/in 300 yards and spun him around and put the quad up on it's side tossing him down.

We "towed" his quad for awhile and had him ride on the back of one of the Sportsman's. After about 20 minutes he said he was good to go and he rode his machine out of the trails.

Just so glad he wasn't seriously hurt!!! Ok, now I'm gonna read the previous story again so I can laugh b/c writing this one reminds me of that kick-in-the-gut feeling I had when I pulled up to the scene!!!

Just like a cowboy, though, he climbed back on that horse and hasn't looked back since!!

Old 10-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

Ok, so it's funny how we sometimes remember things. I actually FOUND the clip of the Eddie Murphy skit I was talking about!! WARNING: LANGUAGE, LANGUAGE, LANGUAGE!!!

But...he doesn't say "my legs, my legs" he says "This ain't my day, this ain't my day" which is ironic that I forgot b/c I think that is the funniest part of the skit!!

This is the good stuff, I am still laughing!!!

YouTube - Eddie Murphy Hit by a Car

Old 10-26-2010, 06:23 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by unit6666
NicE!!! I am doing this!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Another one I forgot about was when we were up on a mountain that has cell towers. The trail, at that time, was pretty rough so it was slow going up and especially down. Of course my son and James have to compete at everything. On the way down they quickly were out of sight. Rounding a tight corner with rock drop offs I see James off his quad which is pinned against a pine tree on a 70 degree slope. He was fine but it took a bit of time to lift out his Recon. He had that, "I really don't know what happened", look on his face.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Another James story that I forgot. We were out on a frozen beaver pond one winter and having a blast doing ice donuts and ice drifting. My son and James thought it would be fun to tow each other around by a tow strap behind the quads. No, we did not have a ski tube... James looked like the guy in the Rhino Lining commercials that gets dragged through a barnyard coated in Rhino Lining. It was a hoot. He decided to stop after my son took a turn too wide and snapped James into and over the beaver lodge. My son later said, "I wondered why it felt lighter."

Old 10-29-2010, 05:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Another James story that I forgot. We were out on a frozen beaver pond one winter and having a blast doing ice donuts and ice drifting. My son and James thought it would be fun to tow each other around by a tow strap behind the quads. No, we did not have a ski tube... James looked like the guy in the Rhino Lining commercials that gets dragged through a barnyard coated in Rhino Lining. It was a hoot. He decided to stop after my son took a turn too wide and snapped James into and over the beaver lodge. My son later said, "I wondered why it felt lighter."

it's even funnier when the kids are so serious!!