Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Time to get rid of the Polaris

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Time to get rid of the Polaris

This isn't my first post, just my first post as kend. I bought a new 2004.5 700EFI and I used to love it. That's until I had to replace the wiring harness, a couple of barometric pressure sensors and the starter. The fuel gauge quit working and I fixed that then I had some fuel pressure issues. Now the rear inboard right axel seal is leaking. I posed the question of what ATV to buy on my hunting forum and not one person recommended a Polaris. This really chaps my *** because I want to buy American stuff. A friend of a friend just sold his 800 Polaris for $2500 and bought a low end Honda because he was so frustrated with the Polaris. Mine never left me stranded, but it almost did until I figgered out that the plug wires like to come loose. Sorry fella's , but I ain't making this stuff up. Ken in Oregon

Old 11-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

All the companies use chinese and mexican part's and labor and the quality of all the brand's are going down. All of them have problem's.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:25 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

This is why I ride OLD Polaris ATVs

Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Range Rover
First Things First!

You can read about a lemon in just about anything with moving parts, even books have misspelled words. Our 3 Polaris have given great service or I would never trust them riding alone miles from the truck. I hope you have better luck with your next choice.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by kend
This isn't my first post, just my first post as kend. I bought a new 2004.5 700EFI and I used to love it. That's until I had to replace the wiring harness, a couple of barometric pressure sensors and the starter. The fuel gauge quit working and I fixed that then I had some fuel pressure issues. Now the rear inboard right axel seal is leaking. I posed the question of what ATV to buy on my hunting forum and not one person recommended a Polaris. This really chaps my *** because I want to buy American stuff. A friend of a friend just sold his 800 Polaris for $2500 and bought a low end Honda because he was so frustrated with the Polaris. Mine never left me stranded, but it almost did until I figgered out that the plug wires like to come loose. Sorry fella's , but I ain't making this stuff up. Ken in Oregon
That's too bad, but I hear ya. While all ATV's have some issues, some manufacturers have far fewer issues than others... Polaris is not one of them.

Anyhow, while Polaris has gotten better, they still have a long way to go with their Q & A, parts selection and build quality.

It's a shame. They really do make good motors, ride nice, and make a decent CVT. The concept of the Hilliard AWD and the rest of the system is nice, but not very durable and reliable.

Better luck with your next ride.

Old 11-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Range Rover

I had an Arctic Cat dealer tell me awhile back that both Polaris and Can-am are made in Mexico nowdays, saw a truck load of new Can-am's the other day and the crates did say Heco en Mexico. So you don't have to feel bad about not buying american for not buying polaris.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Your post is the reason I personally stay away from EFI Polaris machines . There's way to many problems with EFI who needs a bike full of sensors . Pick yourself up a carb model problem solved , I'v put 9000 miles problem free on my 2008 carb never seen a code or replaced a dam sensor just ride it .

Trending Topics

Old 11-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldsman67330
I had an Arctic Cat dealer tell me awhile back that both Polaris and Can-am are made in Mexico nowdays, saw a truck load of new Can-am's the other day and the crates did say Heco en Mexico. So you don't have to feel bad about not buying american for not buying polaris.
Can Ams are indeed made in Mexico. Hopefully that won't lead to any issues with my son's Renegade. I don't think Polaris is moving the actual manufacturing of the quads to Mexico but some of the parts that go into making the quads. I do think American build quality isn't what it used to be. If the Ford F-350 I had and the GMC 2500 I currently own are any indicators it proves my thought. I have had next to no issues with my X2 and I ride in pretty abusive environments. This doesn't help the people who have gotten the lemons though.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

wasn't thier a post awhile ago about polaris sending their products south of the boarder? i under stand his frustration for sure and once you have a bad taste you really don't want to go back. i feel polaris is like any other good company is has grown huge over the years and thier product suffers w/ not as good as quailty as they used to have. imo

Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stendori
wasn't there a post awhile ago about polaris sending their products south of the boarder?
I don't know the details of what they took to Mexico but I do know the move is going to save Polaris over $30,000.000.00 annually.

Sad deal, where's some of that stimulus money for some of these great American Companies?

Quick Reply: Time to get rid of the Polaris