Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Store Outside for 3 months,Amazing.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 11:42 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first year and last I stored it outside for the winter I had to store stuff in the gargage this season. I could not park close to the garage because it would be in the way of the plow truck that does my drive way.
worst comes to worst I can just buy a new battery in the spring. I should of removed it but was on the lazy side.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to store mine outside all the time. I wish I had a garage to park it in and hook up a battery tender. Instead I have to bring the battery in the house to recharge. That sucks. The last two times I plowed I had to pull start it. I didn't even know I could pull start an EFI but it wasn't bad.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:24 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I have to store mine outside all the time. I wish I had a garage to park it in and hook up a battery tender. Instead I have to bring the battery in the house to recharge. That sucks. The last two times I plowed I had to pull start it. I didn't even know I could pull start an EFI but it wasn't bad.

I did not know you could pull start a efi with a dead battery also.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

can't say for sure, but you should not be able to pull start a dead battery efi when it can't prime the system. if it has enough juice to turn on the electronics then yopu should be able to pull start it. imo as far as leaving it setting for months at a time i do the same thing to 2 of my cars(one outside) and don't have any issues so a wheeler shouldn't be any differnt. i do some years pull the batteries out and put in the basement after i fully charge it and for get it.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by meddy293
I'm not trying to critisize here, jmo. As much as atv/sxs cost us why wouldn't you take as good as care of it as you would your kid?

Next thing we'll hear is you pull your atv in the house daily...give it a bubble bath, brush the tires(teeth), wipe it's tail pipe(****)...tell it how much you love it, read it a bed time story(ATV mag) and tuck it in at night?

Couldn't resist!

Wenty

Old 02-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wenty
Next thing we'll hear is you pull your atv in the house daily...give it a bubble bath, brush the tires(teeth), wipe it's tail pipe(****)...tell it how much you love it, read it a bed time story(ATV mag) and tuck it in at night?

Couldn't resist!

Wenty
i don't treat my $30k car or truck that good lol guess i must be mad at them . i just had to add to it.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Range Rover

you could always get one of those 12v solar panel tenders and just leave it plugged into the aux port when you're not riding, I've thought about getting one myself once I get my bike.

for those that dont know what i'm referring to: BatteryMINDer 12V Solar 5 Watt with controller
or this: http://www.smarthomeusa.com/ShopByMa...m/SOLAR-BUDDY/