Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

22 inches later!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by MrThor
Woke up to even more snow! Its still coming down. They are calling for 3-4 inches today. I am running out of places to put it! I have not been able to stack a pile since it has been very soft snow & the XP just sinks. Now I just heard they are also calling for temps this week to be 10 below zero making the snow stick longer. This is getting crazy!
What! A Norseman complaining about snow??? How can this be??? JK We've been getting hit good this year too. Up to my armpits (those are armpits on a 6'3" guy too) before we got some rain yesterday. Was kind of good to see rain. I can see my driveway again.

Hey, MrThor, I noticed your rear tires are on backwards. Is there a reason for this? Just curious.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like quite a mess. Feel for the folks that are stuck in that and it's only going to get worse when all that stuff starts melting. This kind of weather keeps up and popo might see track sales skyrocket. Definitely glad I have mine. Still have plenty of room in the swamp/wetland on my property to push snow but Spring is certainly going to be a wet one!

Old 02-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
What! A Norseman complaining about snow??? How can this be??? JK We've been getting hit good this year too. Up to my armpits (those are armpits on a 6'3" guy too) before we got some rain yesterday. Was kind of good to see rain. I can see my driveway again.

Hey, MrThor, I noticed your rear tires are on backwards. Is there a reason for this? Just curious.
Moose they are non directional tires.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simply awesome...thanks for sharing!

Old 02-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Awesome pictures.
It's gotten so deep around here I can't take the sportsman too far off the plowed area otherwise it gets stuck.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

Out of curiosity...aren't the Grim reapers a directional tire? The tread pattern looks to be backwards on your atv.

EDIT
I see you replied to Moose on the subject. I skimmed right past it. That said...they stlll look backwards. It was the first thing I noticed in your pics...well besides the piles of snow.

Maybe yours don't have the arrow on them but they are a directional. The tread pattern suggests it, with or without the "arrow". You can see the directional arrow in the second link.

http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org/gbc-s-grim-reapers
http://www.gbcmotorsports.com/grim-reaper-p-1.html

Wenty

Old 02-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

I also thought they were directional...

John

Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Originally Posted by JCDEYO25
I also thought they were directional...

John
Ditto, By looking at the side lugs I would assume they are directional as well. Note the forward pitch on the sides.

Old 02-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

We got about 19 inches and we have 8 and 10 ft drifts out in the country. The county is having trouble getting through those.

When I plowed out my lane and driveway the drifts were higher than the racks in spots. You couldn't plow it all off in one shot. I think it was about the limit as far as an ATV plow goes.

I took the blade off and tried to do a little riding and it was really difficult. As long as you didn't hit a drift you were ok but once you got into the deep drifts you had your work cut out for you and ti took forever to get anywhere.

I wish I had a set of tracks.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

MrThor, I was just looking at the pic and saw that the tires looked like they were on backwards. It looks like a similar pattern to most 489, 589, type tread patterns. The patttern is designed to push the mud, or in this case, snow, to the outside of the tire so the tire can dig down to a harder surface. If you put them on backwards they will pull material in towards the center and you'll be riding on a soft surface that packs up underneath. A buddy of mine said the difference was pretty significant after I told him his tires were on backwards. All you have to do is swap sides and they'll be fine. Didn't mean to start a, "Dude, your tires are on backwards", thread.

Quick Reply: 22 inches later!