Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

22 inches later!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:37 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 22 inches later!

We woke up to 22 + inches of snow not counting the 6 foot drifts a few days ago. When I opened the garage door and started to pull out the XP the snow was almost up to the top front box. It took a good hour but the old 850 with the help of GBC Grim Reapers did the job. I have used these tires for about 1k miles now but have never had them in so deep snow plowing. If I did not have them I wound never been able to get the job done. Here are some pics just for fun. The one picture shows the county plow truck in front of my XP that got stuck at the entrance of my property & was waiting for help to get pulled out.

Old 02-06-2011, 02:46 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW. You got hit. LOL

Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

we've been getting hit seems like every other day and today is another one lol. snowing like crazy still, and running out of room to plow it. thats alot of plowing for the ole xp and looks like it did a good job.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Trailblazer
Wink

Originally Posted by stendori
We've been getting hit seems like every other day and today is another one lol. Snowing like crazy still, and running out of room to plow it. That's allot of plowing for the ole xp and looks like it did a good job.
Same here!!!

I have four feet in the yard!! This is CONNECTICUT!!! OMG...

We don't have children, we have dogs, three of them. My back and front yard are paths, for the two little ones and the big Rott too. The snow on either side of the front door is shoulder high. I cannot even shovel out the corner sidewalk, must be eight feet high and frozen into a block of ice. Kinda looks funny, a path leading to nowhere... Dogs like it, they run down it seemingly invisible then pop up at the end, run back across the top nearly shoulder level and do it again. The Lasa loves high places so she is in heaven!!
Driving around, the piles on the sides of the road are within a foot or two of the power lines!!!

There IS NO PLACE to put anymore and we have a potential big storm due here Thursday...

Its very bad. Roofs collapsing everywhere. Major stores closed all over too from the weight of the snow and potential of collapse.

Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woke up to even more snow! Its still coming down. They are calling for 3-4 inches today. I am running out of places to put it! I have not been able to stack a pile since it has been very soft snow & the XP just sinks. Now I just heard they are also calling for temps this week to be 10 below zero making the snow stick longer. This is getting crazy!

Old 02-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Trailblazer
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MrThor
Woke up to even more snow! Its still coming down. They are calling for 3-4 inches today. I am running out of places to put it! I have not been able to stack a pile since it has been very soft snow & the XP just sinks. Now I just heard they are also calling for temps this week to be 10 below zero making the snow stick longer. This is getting crazy!
We got a couple yesterday but then it changed to rain. Now flooding is a concern!!! Monday into Tuesday another couple inches forcast. Then Thursday... no accumulations forecast...yet... but they are saying, "HUGE amounts". Not good!

We have been pummelled.. Since Dec 26th, we have had a couple 12" storms then a 29" NorEaster storm two more 6" storms, than another 22" last week, then a ice storm that first dumped 6-8" of snow... Its not good... Homes and roofs collapsing is a HUGE CONCERN!! I shoveled mine last week end. Cant shovel my garage as there is no place to go with the snow!! The snow is up to the roof on one side, the deck behind is up to the gutters and the other side is against the house. Only the drive way out front, but if I put there, I will have no place to park. (No place to move roof snow to) Its kinda moot, but street parking is banned. The "street" is one lane wide!!

CW

Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Very nice Thor! Been getting the same thing here in northern Indiana. With the weather systems moving through plus our normal Lake Effect snow from lake Michigan. I haven't had a day off in over 2 weeks. I actually got to sleep in today and didn't wake until noon!!! More coming tomorrow so I'll watch the superbowl and go straight to bed. LOL

Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Range Rover
First Things First!

The weatherman said snow showers yesterday so around 6PM I shoveled the 3 inch's off the drive, so this morning I had to shovel a new 14 inch's off, love that Colorado feather light snow.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bentarrow
The weatherman said snow showers yesterday so around 6PM I shoveled the 3 inch's off the drive, so this morning I had to shovel a new 14 inch's off, love that Colorado feather light snow.
i wish mine was the light stuff today. we got 10 " of wet stuff and i just got done plowing and shoveling off all my roofs. only took me since 8:30 am until now. now too sore to going sledding lol

Old 02-06-2011, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

man I wish we got some of that!! We haven't had snow for almost two weeks! It actually started melting the last couple days!!!

Quick Reply: 22 inches later!