Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

2000 polaris magnum 325 2x4 clutch or some mind of problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 polaris magnum 325 2x4 clutch or some kind of problem

I have noticed when i drive my Polaris it takes a little for it to kick in to gears. Like i'll hit the gas and it will go but it will make a loud sound and then go into a higher gear but it only does this when i take off every time i stop and only does it for one or two gears. Please someone help me i need this fixed before i go on my Atv camping trip to Rock Dam Lake in WI.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy bob
I have noticed when i drive my Polaris it takes a little for it to kick in to gears. Like i'll hit the gas and it will go but it will make a loud sound and then go into a higher gear but it only does this when i take off every time i stop and only does it for one or two gears. Please someone help me i need this fixed before i go on my Atv camping trip to Rock Dam Lake in WI.
325 trail boss and magnums do make a little clunking noise when you put in gear,sometimes even a little grinding clunk,but shouldn't be a loud noise. Had em do this straight out of the crate.I would check for loose sloppy linkage also(may need to adjust linkage),plus change trans fluid. Could have internal trans problem,but try the fluid change first.Also make sure idle is not too high,can affect shifting. Another thing is the clutches,from what it seems you are saying it takes a little time to pick up speed? Could be the ramp buttons in rear clutch worn and causing slipping,if worn bad enough can cause a grinding noise when taking off? This could be the source of you problems? I'm tired,going to bed. OPT

Old 04-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

Well i said the hell with it and took it up to a good mechanic.

Old 03-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Billy bob

I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was, as my 2004 magnum 330 is having a similar problem. It clunks when I put it into low gear and hit the throttle to go. Thanks

Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by pavwa
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was, as my 2004 magnum 330 is having a similar problem. It clunks when I put it into low gear and hit the throttle to go. Thanks
A few people don't reply back what the repair or problem was which would help a lot of people on the forum I agree!Plus I may have helped a little on your other post here on the same thing! OPT