Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Will Polaris be our only choice????

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 05:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will Polaris be our only choice????

ATV Television's Blog: Will Polaris Be Our Only Choice?

Polaris just keeps growing,good for them.

Old 04-30-2011, 05:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ya but they keep getting away form good customer service which will come to bite them eventually.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Can't blame Polaris entirely,most of the blame should go the the dealers who don't care about after sales service! I've seen this happen for two reasons: Polaris relaxed the distance allowed between dealers and really screwed up when they allowed multi line mega dealerships that carried practically all brands and couldn't or wouldn't address a lot of customer complaints satisfactory!They in a lot of cases used Polaris as a "stepchild"atv to snag every customer on sales,but on service they fell flat on their ***! The Polaris techs are human after all and will work with the dealers,IF dealers make the effort on behalf of the consumer! Our shop did and sad to say we received a lot of business from people who were burn't from the larger dealerships! We had a couple dealerships like I mentioned with in a 30 mile range of us and had customers go miles out there way to avoid them! The FACT of the matter is not Polaris but the dealers who can press for the best repair solutions,complaints,etc. Unless this problem is resolved,Polaris will have problems with customer relations! I had a reasonable response every time I talked to Polaris engineers and they are flexible,nothing is written in stone on anything,EVEN if machine is out of warranty! OPT

Old 04-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I have to say, Polaris is the most innovative of the makers out there. I have something I like about each and every manufacturer's quads out there. Honda's realiability, Yamaha all around great machine, the Grizzly, Kawasaki's gutsy Brute Force, Suzuki's reasonable pricing schemes in an all around great machine, CanAms power, Arctic Cat's are decent too. But, Polaris has the best on board storage solutions, a full lineup of machines from 50cc to 850cc, plus the X2 which is the strongest work quad out there short of the Polaris 6x6 800. Imagine a machine that's equally good at work and touring. Polaris did. If someone comes up with something as versatile as the X2 I'd consider it. Where's the competition at???? The more the makers duke it out the better for the consumer.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

"Because the way things are going Polaris will be the only manufacturer standing."
"the competition pulls the blankets over their heads"

Is this guy on crack?

Does he not realize how big companies such as Yamaha, Honda and Kawi are and the following they have or the reasons behind it??

Just another worthless blog, one of the guys that likes his "brand" so much, he'll spew nonsense!

Don't get me wrong, I like my Polaris, but not so much I have the blinders on.

Wenty

Old 04-30-2011, 09:34 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

Because the way things are going Polaris will be the only manufacturer standing."

Way OFF. Honda, yamaha, Kawasaki and Suzuki are 100 times larger than Polaris and ATVs are 5 to 10% of their business. ATVs are more than 50% of Polaris' business. There is NO WAY Polaris can hurt the large Japanese companies.

Polaris inovation does help the market improve because inovative competition is healthy.

Polaris needs to address their reliability issues NOW.

The numer of XP problems is unexceptable for a flagship / $10K + machine .

Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

Always wanted Polaris to make a true v-twin atv before I retired,but wasn't to be! I did like the Kawasaki v-twin and the power and torque it had! If Polaris can make a good v-twin motor like the Victory motorcycles which we had (strong power,no valve adjustment ,etc) but a more compact engine such as 800-900 cc range,this might catch a few peoples attention. OPT

Old 05-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Wenty
"Because the way things are going Polaris will be the only manufacturer standing."

Is this guy on crack?

Does he not realize how big companies such as Yamaha, Honda and Kawi are and the following they have or the reasons behind it??

Just another worthless blog, one of the guys that likes his "brand" so much, he'll spew nonsense!

Don't get me wrong, I like my Polaris, but not so much I have the blinders on.

Wenty
Doug is a Suzuki King Quad man, and I am surprised to read that from him...

Honda on the other hand aside from their reliability, what have they released to catch eyes?? Nothing really?? Most certainly not their hydrostatic transmissions, but their cards are built the same way, one platform for everything. How boring.

If you can find a good Polaris dealer, you have it made, if not, you are toast. The same goes for all makes out there.

Old 05-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
Always wanted Polaris to make a true v-twin atv before I retired,but wasn't to be! I did like the Kawasaki v-twin and the power and torque it had! If Polaris can make a good v-twin motor like the Victory motorcycles which we had (strong power,no valve adjustment ,etc) but a more compact engine such as 800-900 cc range,this might catch a few peoples attention. OPT
rode my buddys 650 v-twin KAW other day,..man thats a hoss!! speacily on take off!!

Old 05-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by WilliamBos
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Sienna]Doug is a Suzuki King Quad man, and I am surprised to read that from him...
]
Well, I'd say he just stepped out of the closet.

Wenty

Quick Reply: Will Polaris be our only choice????