Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

07 Sportsman 800 EFI drive belt

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Sportsman 800 EFI drive belt

I was wondering if there are better than stock belts out there. I know there are many companies selling them like EPI, Dayco, etc and I know there are different belts such as severe duty and Heavy Duty blah blah. What belt is a decent belt to buy? I know a clutch kit would also help eliminate heat and slippage too and thats coming in the future but for now I have a blown belt and am looking for a decent replacement. I do alot of muddin and water holes with the machine and always have it in Low gear when doing so. I do put it in High to do wheelies though. I'm sure thats pretty hard on the belt lol. Opinions on belts needed. Thanks

Old 06-06-2011, 02:34 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always stick with Polaris belts. I heard too many stories about aftermarket belts not being as good.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ditto on oem belts. Best you can buy IMO!

Old 06-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

+3 on polaris belts. they are a better belt for thier own products. better performance, and overall diamentions is the perfect size where aftermarket sizes run differnt just a little and w/ the ebs you want it perfect.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

OE Polaris Belts are a good belt. You can get a better belt like the EPI Severe Duty belt. Belts are one of the things that you get what you pay for, if you buy the cheap $40 belt it might be good for the first ride but wont hold up as long to the use and abuse like most of the better aftermarket belts. All belts will slip when they get wet. The biggest problem we see with belts is people using high range to much when they should be using low range and people using the wrong part number belt for thier machine. Polaris is the worse for the wrong number because they use so many different part numbers between the models and years of the machines.

Bottom line is if you want a quality belt and longer lasting belt dont buy the cheap ones.

Old 06-10-2011, 06:43 PM
Trailblazer

Here's the Belts and Part # that I bought. I hope they're correct. Seems to be doing fine so far. By the way, I have had my machine submerged over the seat in water when the belt broke and there was no water in the belt casing at all and I took it apart right when I pulled it out. This was the original belt on the Machine (2007) and I bought it this year with no miles/hours at all. It was brand new so i'm thinking there might have been a bit of dry rot going on but I do not know. The pieces did feel a little brittle when I removed the casing and also had chunks of belt up in what I presume to be the breather for the belt casing. Polaris Ranger/Razor/ATV Drive Belt TWO PACK 3211113 | eBay

Old 06-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer

And I wasn't riding it when the belt broke so I'm not sure if my Friend had it in Hi or Lo. I was in front of him going down the stream with my Brothers 2006 Sportsman 800.

Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HaydenS
And I wasn't riding it when the belt broke so I'm not sure if my Friend had it in Hi or Lo. I was in front of him going down the stream with my Brothers 2006 Sportsman 800.
having owned 2 800's my self and never had any issues w/ the blt i can tell you the biggest issue is a build up of heat! even the big bore 800 w/ all it's power when going slow the clutches don't turn fast enough to kep it cool. i have had both my bikes as you in water top the seat w/ no water in the case. i can't swear to it on the wheelers, but when i raced my polaris sled years ago i paid the big prices for aftermarket belts that was suppose to be the best but i never could turn a faster speed/time except w/ a stock oem belt.

Old 06-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider

just bought 2 of those 3211113 belts off ebay for a customer, $60.00 apice, pretty cheap , oem belts are the best IMO

Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

DITTO on the Polaris belts (for about the 10th time!) This is from my old customers that found out the hard way as many people have on most of the aftermarket ones. OPT

Quick Reply: 07 Sportsman 800 EFI drive belt