Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

03 330 magnum frt cv boot..lost it !

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 03 330 magnum frt cv boot..lost it !

OK, So I was out at Ride Royal Blue over the weekend..a great trip...but I lost a front CV boot ...prolly old anyway but it tore and flew off...can ya buy just the boot? any special considerations to fix it? Easy? hard" I have never fooled with this part of a quad before so asking before I jump into it...hopefully i can just buy the boot not the whole CV joint.

And any recommendations on where to get it is helpful as well

Thanks.

Old 06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

I'd go with the OEM Polaris cv boot. If you have a general knowledge of how to replace a boot is helpful,if not and you plan on doing your own maintenance a manual is worth the price! Basically you have to remove the cv joint from the strut and then remove the cv joint from the shaft(just knocks off with a sharp blow blow fom a hammer) and I would clean the cv to remove any dirt,mud,etc.You can slide the new boot on the shaft first and with the supplied grease in the boot kit, grease inside and around the cv thoroughly. Any remaining grease you can squeeze into the boot.Install the cv back on the shaft and use a DEAD BLOW hammer if you have it to seat it into the splines and to keep from damaging the cv joint) The shaft has a small ring on the shaft end that locks it on to the cv joint), then slide the boot over the cv joint and install the clamps (clamp pliers are needed as they won't damage the clamps,but some have made their own) This is just basic instructions and if doesn't seem clear to you,a MANUAL will! Pictures and step by step instructions make it very simple! OPT