Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

When Riding Alone, How Far Do You Go?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZoomZoom
I was giving my opionion on the post, which was more safety oriented then most people wanted to hear I guess, and I read that Xepathfinder, threw in a statement that 'I would not own an atv if I was worried about breaking down, and I carry a phone', and you know as well as I do that is was directed to me. So I replied , and then you had your rebuttle, I'm not a kid and in pretty good shape still'. Nobody is questioning your age or the shape you are in, appearently you took the post personal as did I with the little comments that have been thrown in. I was just trying to convey some safety awareness to the readers from expierence. So as a man I stand up
and say that If I offended you that I am sorry for that, and yes you are wrong about me.

Old 03-14-2001, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey ZoomZoom~
To answer the question you originally asked, about a month ago I went 113 miles by myself in 1 day. I took a backpack full of stuff including GPS, food, tire repair kit, spark plug, small socket set, and first aid kit. I was confident in my machine and myself to not breakdown. I agree, it would have been more fun with another person, but I enjoy being by myself sometimes and that was a near perfect day for me.

Old 03-14-2001, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have some sort of carryer fot the dog? and how big is the dog? I wana take my dog riding!

Old 03-14-2001, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I ride by myself a lot, my buddies don't have much time to ride. I ride up and over the taconic mountain in to the next state (New York), I don't know how far it is from home but I know I have a long walk.

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 03-14-2001, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

Riding alone is a fact of life for me. The few times with others have been when the crashes happen, that is my experience. I can't for obivious reasons argue with the commensense need for buddy riding, but for me I have gone for several days camping and exploring by myself. Like I said, just a fact of life. The worst crash I've seen was at a jamboree when another was following me and overdrove in the dust or something and nailed a snag sticking out in the trail which flipped him. Several broken ribs, and a concussion was a tough price to pay. Just a fact of life.

Old 03-14-2001, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Wolverine! Whoa lets back-up here for a moment. Maybe I missed something here. You were the first to give an opinion than Xepathfinder gived his. I just don't see how his opinion was directed at you. My guess is you two have clash before???
As for my reply about my age/shape thingny, that was directed at whoever read this thread. It was more to inform readers that I wasn't a kid out to prove anything, just older & wiser though I still don't make all the right choices sometimes.
Anyway, it seems we just had a misunderstanding for a moment. I apologize, so sorry, sh*t happens.
It's wierd how things can get bent out of shape on the forum sometimes. We're only humans.
Now one guestion: May I have your Dodge Dokota?:-)
I want one of those babies.

Old 03-14-2001, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Tim! of course you know dogs eat their own sh*t. LOL

Old 03-15-2001, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

Probably about 5mi frommy house is the farthest ive ever gone by myself, but with a buddy?? Man ive been out for 10-12 hours at a time.

Old 03-15-2001, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

I went riding alone for no more than a half hour and I had 3 out of 4 lugs nuts completely loose off my right front. Just imagine if I decided to play around a little farther away for a little longer. Scary. Another thing is, if I ride alone I ride within my limits. I never try anything daring or go where I don't know where I can find my way home. I can wait to go there when I have buddies around.

Old 03-15-2001, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

Yes you are correct on how a simple sentence is written and taken the wrong way when not in person...e-mail has a way of doing that...
Dodge Dakota best truck I ever owned. my quad fits
in the bed with th tailgate closed and its a club cab. White with smoked light covers, bed liner and
button down cover. V6 magnum, for a v6 it has plenty of power. I pulled a 2 thousand pound car carrier with my rail buggy and equipment on it to Indiana, not a problem. Dealer wanted me to wait for the 4 door but the bed was too short....Glad i did not.

Quick Reply: When Riding Alone, How Far Do You Go?