Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Perry Ohio ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2001, 03:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is perry Ohio good place to ride if so what are the trails like are they better than Wayne National Forest and how har are the trails at perry. Thanks

Old 03-13-2001, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

griz

I have not yet rode the trails at Perry. It is on our list of places to ride this year. From what I have heard from people that have rode there is that the trails are pretty rough. I plan on riding there when the wife is not along as she likes the easy trails. From what people tell me, the trails at Wayne are much better. I guess I will have to wait and see also.

Old 03-13-2001, 07:00 PM
Range Rover

Hi there grizhunterr.
We go to Perry alot. There is a big difference between WNF and Perry.
Perry has tight, twisty, ill-marked, very rough & muddy trails. There are a few places that are wide open and smooth..but not many. You can easily get lost if you don't know your way around. The trails are so poorly marked that others have made their own trails to get around, adding to the problem. My husband was told they would work on re-marking the trails over the winter. Did they? We won't know until the trails open in a few weeks. The way to learn the trail system is just to venture a little further out each time.
It is one heck of a place to ride..challenging to say the least. We enjoy it to be honest.
There are some killer hillclimbs. If you come across "The Widow Maker", DON'T try it!! It's only for dirt bike riders with big *****.
The creek run is my personal favorite thing to do, the stair-step water fall is radical to come down.
Is it for a beginner? It depends on the person to be honest. I learned how to ride trails there.
I have some pictures taken at Perry in our photo album, check them out.
Here is the link to Perry..http://www.hcs.ohio-state.edu/ODNR/F...ests/perry.htm
You can e-mail us if you want some more info!!
Later...Sher

Old 03-13-2001, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

I have rode at both. Perry is OK, but doesn't come close to WNF. The Wayne is about another 20 drive. I got lost my first time at Perry. I got carried away, and just kept riding. Before I knew it, I was lost.

The Wayne is clearly marked, and if you get lost there, you shouldn't be riding. Once I found Monday Creek, (a section of the Wayne), I never thought about going back to Perry.