Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
I really don't care for the seats on these Tourings. They are not all that comfortable.
The seat on the regular XP is much better than the touring. Nice and narrow in the saddle.

That one looks like what I have on my $5000 value quad. It's like riding a couch. Oh well, I hear that the big ones need love too

Old 05-20-2012, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bgirard420
The seat on the regular XP is much better than the touring. Nice and narrow in the saddle.

That one looks like what I have on my $5000 value quad. It's like riding a couch. Oh well, I hear that the big ones need love too
I think its designed to keep you forward for weight distribution when you are carrying a passenger.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

This 2012 850 Touring EPS has 173 miles on it.

I have put 99.5 miles on it.

I just noticed today that when I was climbing over a fallen tree yesterday that I damaged the front "plastic".

When I first started pushing the tree one of the plastic rivets (just like the ones on my Honda that everyone hated for soo many years ) popped out and the fender was sticcking out so I took the riviet out and pushed the fender back in to place and popped the rivet back in and thought all was good but I guess not.

I wonder if Polaris is going to let Doug give me any more ATVs??

Looks like I have gone 44.8 miles on a half tank of gas.

Old 05-21-2012, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

You sound as abusive on quads as I am!

Second ride when mine was brand new I got wedged between a rock and a granite boulder. Took a good chunk out of my footwell. At least I didn't worry as much about the plastic after that.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
You sound as abusive on quads as I am!

Second ride when mine was brand new I got wedged between a rock and a granite boulder. Took a good chunk out of my footwell. At least I didn't worry as much about the plastic after that.
Moose, I thought that was what they were made for.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Moose, I thought that was what they were made for.
I think you should say, "It was Doug, yeah, that's it. It was Doug."

Old 05-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I think you should say, "It was Doug, yeah, that's it. It was Doug."
they know better

Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

I check our water treatment facility every other day and yesterday on my way back I took the HWY instead of the trails. It’s about a one mile stretch of HWY from the canyon to the resort and according to the speedometer on the 850 I hit 78 MPH with a slight tail wind.

I am sure that had I even farted I wouldn't be here today.

I took the 550 in to the dealer on the 15th and called yesterday (10 days after I droped it off and was told it would be done in 1 week). I went into great detail explaining the problem with the ADC and it staying in 4-wd when I dropped off the machine.

When I asked the service manager he said all it said on the repair order was ADC in-op and 4-wd in-op. GEEEE!!!!!! No wonder it's not fixed. In 10 days all they have done is ride it once. When I got off the phone I was happy that it wasn't "my" ATV.

The service manager had me talk to the technician working on it and he said that the ADC and 4-wd work fine but he would ride it again. I told him that if he had customers that need their machines for the weekend to fix them first and look at mine again next week.

Why do I have a feeling that they are not going to fix it?? And the 850 has the same problem with the ADC that the 550 does. Both machines ADC started having problems with less than 100 miles on them.

I asked about the idle speed on the 850 (idles at 1050 rpm) and he told me that the idle speed has to be reset through the computer (should be closer to 1500) so the 850 goes in to the repair shop when I get the 550 back. I guess I’ll trade them machines.

I guess it’s a good thing I have two machines.

Old 05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

according to the speedometer on the 850 I hit 78 MPH with a slight tail wind.
That is fast! I have hit 70 before on my Kingquad. Was on a long hard packed dirt road in Taylor Park, CO. Machine was very smooth and stable, but it gets a little hairy when you let off the gas too fast with the wet clutch. I would hate to have to get on the breaks quick at that speed.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

I'm at about 6200 ft, I'll bet Taylor Park is closer to 9,000 ft if not higher.

Originally Posted by wvyankee2
I would hate to have to get on the breaks quick at that speed.
you don't - you just close your eyes and pray

70 is plenty fast and 80 is just too fast - just my opinion