Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

my new ATV

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bobx2
but there is just no perfect atv out there. If there was, no one would be able to afford to buy it.
Amen to that one.

I rode again today and there is no "lag" in the engagement and I can't "feel" it through the machine other than the added traction.

When riding down a trail it is in 2-wd (even though 4-wd has been selected) and when cornering and it start to slide is when I would like it to be in 4-wd - before it starts to slide - I do not like that it goes into the corner or the slide in 2-wd - it affects the way it handles.

There is nothing "broken"; I just prefer the 4-wd being "locked" and not electronicaly controlled.

I'm sure its just me.

I do like the built in glove warmer
While I was checking other things I just left them there with the engine off
for about 10 minutes and they were nice and toasty warm.

And I am displeased with my $50 fender bag.
I returned the first one because the zipper was broken when I opened the package.
It is only 3 weeks old and its broken already.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the accessories are Chinese made junk.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Most of the accessories are Chinese made junk.
It did have a made in china tag and it is junk, a $50 piece of junk.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Polaris China zippered bag zipper lasted 3 months I called Polaris and there answer too bad nothing we can do . Yes there is something you can do start making quaility stuff in the U.S. Myself I'll pay extra for quaility over saving a buck on junk any day . You might want to test a Yamaha next time there 4x4 system allows you to lock in when you want .

Old 12-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Spdecat
Myself I'll pay extra for quaility over saving a buck on junk any day .
I'm with you on that.

I need some place where I can carry my camera that is readily accessible. I liked the tank bag on my Honda and thought this would work out even better due to its size.

I wish I could choose what I got to test. So far I really don't mind this new Touring at all. There are lots of things I really like.

The single biggest thing I like is the added wheel base, it makes a huge difference. Especially on real steep inclines.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
Amen to that one.

I rode again today and there is no "lag" in the engagement and I can't "feel" it through the machine other than the added traction.

When riding down a trail it is in 2-wd (even though 4-wd has been selected) and when cornering and it start to slide is when I would like it to be in 4-wd - before it starts to slide - I do not like that it goes into the corner or the slide in 2-wd - it affects the way it handles.

There is nothing "broken"; I just prefer the 4-wd being "locked" and not electronicaly controlled.

I'm sure its just me.

I do like the built in glove warmer
While I was checking other things I just left them there with the engine off
for about 10 minutes and they were nice and toasty warm.

And I am displeased with my $50 fender bag.
I returned the first one because the zipper was broken when I opened the package.
It is only 3 weeks old and its broken already.
I had a semi-structured soft side bag that I put on the front from Polaris. I bought it when the quad was about a month old and it was great until recently when the zipper broke. I miss it. It kept everything dry very well and was easy to take off and put back on. I went to a Kolping hard box that I hard mounted to the front rack. Hopefully, I'll get 5 years plus out of this one.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Specta
I'm with you on that.

I need some place where I can carry my camera that is readily accessible. I liked the tank bag on my Honda and thought this would work out even better due to its size.

I wish I could choose what I got to test. So far I really don't mind this new Touring at all. There are lots of things I really like.

The single biggest thing I like is the added wheel base, it makes a huge difference. Especially on real steep inclines.
Have you driven the Outlander Max? Great power with the longer wheelbase.

Old 12-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

This Touring has a box on the front and a little trunk thing that replaces the passenger seat so I actully have some pretty good storage, one more thing I like about this Touring.

I just need something right there for my camera. Hopefully the strap on the little cargo space next to it last more than just a few weeks.

Polaris does soo many things right.

Old 12-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Have you driven the Outlander Max? Great power with the longer wheelbase.

hp vs lack of hp.mp4 - YouTube

Yea and I loved it. Just don't know if I could take the heat from the clutch during the summer.

Doug was riding a 2010 550 Touring and I was on a 2009 800 Max with ATCs on it, killer snow machine.

Old 12-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Just put on a new set of STI HD Alloy HD2 wheels and STI Black Diamond XTR Tires.
They look great and I love the tires.

And the HD2s have the OE offset and I love that.

Thank you STI

Now I can go get my Christmas Tree tomorrow. The snow is getting a little deeper and I didn't think the Rawhides were up to the task.

And I put some heated grips on.