Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Stranded ATV

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stendori
wow my friend you have way to much thinking time on your hands. you hanging over on the yamaha forum now that you bought a yamie instead of another polaris?

He has so much thinking time because he finally bought a Yamaha and isn't spending his time working on his Polaris!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Lol..I need to post up some pics but since I bought it it's been in the shed. I got the winch mounted, ATV GURU brush guard installed and just hot my Montana Jacks Rear cargo box I am excited about.

Hoping to hit some trails next month.

Anyways MH is right, the survival shows were my inspiration for this thread. Shows on stripping a bmx bike and a car and truck. Never saw one for ATV. I thought this could bd original.

Stendori I may post in other threads but this forum is the best IMO! I think we have the best people on the Internet who contribute to the Polaris forum.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I always bring the big kind of Fritos with me. The ones that say Scoop on the package. Survivorman showed how you can light a Frito with a match for a great fire starter. I bring the Scoop sized ones because, A)They burn for at least 5 minutes, usually more, and B) They take the trail abuse much better than the smaller Fritos or any other chip. And they are tasty.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I always bring the big kind of Fritos with me. The ones that say Scoop on the package. Survivorman showed how you can light a Frito with a match for a great fire starter. I bring the Scoop sized ones because, A)They burn for at least 5 minutes, usually more, and B) They take the trail abuse much better than the smaller Fritos or any other chip. And they are tasty.

And you could dig yourself out with them if you did get stuck.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

When I think survival, I think the most important two things are water and fire. Usually you won't be stranded long enough to need food unless you are in back country, and then precautions should be taken before you leave.

I remember hunting with my father when I was younger. He always liked to push the envelope and go further into the woods with the aid of just his wisdom. Must have been an ego thing. Anyways, we never got lost, just turned around for a few hours. He always had matches with him because he smoked cigars. There were a few times we built a fire to warm up or dry off.

Years later he quit smoking all together and said that he never used to have to worry about making fire because he smoked and always had matches. He said he found himself actually having to remember matches when going out to the woods.

I have lit smokes on exhaust before and even lit paper to build a fire. Now, I make sure I have a Bic, and a spare along with matches in a ziploc on me or my atv at all times out in the wild.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Doesn't care what people ride as long as they can keep up!

Also, what about protection?? Protection from not only the four legged animals, but the two legged ones too. Thoughts.....

Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Roofer
Also, what about protection?? Protection from not only the four legged animals, but the two legged ones too. Thoughts.....
H&K USP Compact 40 cal. I never go in the woods without it...

John

Old 02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can use my "PAPER" air filter to burn after I short-out the two battery connections.
.........LOL..........
K&N may work even better do to the foam soaked in oil..........
Caper...

Old 02-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Ride like you own it, Not like it's stolen!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to see you back R-tic-Kwad.
Last time I read you goodbye thread I though you were gone ....LOL.
Did you get a different/new Quad?
..Caper..........

Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

12 gauge pump shawty
machete
hatchet
first aid kit
tire plug kit
small tire pump
fix-a-flat
extra plugs
tools
extra cigarettes an lighter
poncho
blanket
cooler full of mt dew
jar full of corn
snacks an grubabile stuff
Charmine

plan your trip an be prepared an you should make it back alive!!

Quick Reply: Stranded ATV