Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

heavy duty springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gtsum2
is the ride noticeable harsher with the HD springs?
Its just that you setting option change, I found my stock springs even on the stiffest setting to soft on heavy loaded camping trips, now my HD second softest setting is like the stock stiffest setting once was. My HD on the stiffest is like all the pivot points are welded, not good for general riding but great for heavy load times like this.

Old 02-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

i ordered some viper series bumpers for my 850 on 2/19, anyone know how long before i get them..

Old 02-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by readymixer169
Ditto, If it doesn't have an adjustment it's not right. Did you buy it new or from a person who may have tampered with it/changed the stock suspension? Even if the springs are weak on the rear the wheel should not tilt in. I don't think it's possible unless something else is going on.
I found the adjusters. They are tucked way down there. I am going to have to find a way to get my big hands in there. The tilt /\, in the rear wheels, when I am riding has always been there. The dealer said it was normal, and nothing I could do.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by _Kong_
I found the adjusters. They are tucked way down there. I am going to have to find a way to get my big hands in there. The tilt /\, in the rear wheels, when I am riding has always been there. The dealer said it was normal, and nothing I could do.
I have mine cranked all the way up with stock springs...I'd still like a stiffer spring when I load up the back...Very easy to adjust the adjuster...I think when I did mine, I jacked up the rear, took off the wheels for more room and used a big pair of Channel Locks..Really simple, might wanna spray them prior with some WD40 or something equivalent..I don't buy what the dealer is saying...

John

Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Adjusting the settings is a drag, I take the back wheel off and use the Polaris tool provided but it still needs a cheater bar to help it out.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC
Adjusting the settings is a drag, I take the back wheel off and use the Polaris tool provided but it still needs a cheater bar to help it out.
Try adjusting the X2 springs. I've bent 3 tools trying to crank them up one more notch in the rear. Even with the wheels up off the ground it bends them. Got to figure something out at some point.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

I just wanted to say thanks guys. I pulled my back wheels, and they were set on the softest setting. I cranked them all the way up, and WOW its a new bike. I can power slide now, and it does not squat when I hammer down on it, it just goes. I can't wait to get it on a longer trip tomorrow, I hope it will make steep hill climbs feel a lot safer now. Before, about half way up the hill, the rear would sag all the way down, and cause the front springs to fully unload. Talk about a nasty feeling in the pit of your stomach, on a steep hill.

The only down side is it nose dives pretty bad now when I hit the brakes, when at speed. I think when I get the winch on it, I will pick up some Polaris front springs to stop that. Thanks again.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad to hear it helped out.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Cool deal...Front springs will make a world of difference too..

John

Old 02-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

For those getting the HD springs, I just called my dealer and he'll have a set waiting for me at the parts counter for $70 when I make it in. He was cool enough to even tell me his cost was $63 which comes out to about 10% mark up. The best price I could find on Ebay or anywhere for that matter was $80.99 shipped. Just goes to show you that some dealers aren't stealerships after all.

Quick Reply: heavy duty springs