Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

heavy duty springs

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heavy duty springs

I'm going to be adding some heavyduty springs to the front end in the next couple of weeks. Polaris or aftermarket? and how well did you like the change. Also anyone tried the adjustable spacers. Do they stiffen the front up or just give the bike a little lift to compensate for the plow.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:42 PM
Range Rover

I went with the Polaris springs. You can't beat the price. I got them because the front sagged really bad with the plow on. It added about 2" without the plow and might sag 1/2" when I raise the plow. It did not hurt the ride much on the trails and it seems to steer a little easier at slow speeds.

Old 02-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I put the EPI's on mine years ago...made a world of difference...not more front end diving on turns at speed...plus helped with extra plow weight too...That was before Polaris offered theirs...Last I heard you could get a "pair" of Polaris's for around $50 as the EPI's are like $65 "each"...Don't have any experience with the TM2's...Or spacers..

John

Old 02-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Range Rover

I got the Polaris Hd'd this year. It picked the front up a lot. I didn't measure. I like the way it handles too. I have apost of some before and after pics I put up when I did it a couple mOnths ago

Old 02-22-2012, 06:32 AM

Looks like I'll be going with the popo springs. EPI and Highlifter must be very proud of their springs $$$$

Old 02-22-2012, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Also used the Polaris HD springs. Picked the front end up a good 2" or so. No more nose dives when stopping or going down hills. Handling is tons better.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider

I just wish Popo made them for the rears...Been meaning to change mine for a couple years now..just never got around to it...Guess I'll have to go with EPI's...Not sure if rears from like a Ranger would work...

John

Old 02-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JCDEYO25
I just wish Popo made them for the rears...Been meaning to change mine for a couple years now..just never got around to it...Guess I'll have to go with EPI's...Not sure if rears from like a Ranger would work...

John
Not sure if they'd fit or not but you could find out if the X2 shock/springs fit. They are pretty stiff. When they say they're rated for 400 lbs. they're not kiddinig. Probably would just have to measure end to end to see if they'd fit.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Not sure if they'd fit or not but you could find out if the X2 shock/springs fit. They are pretty stiff. When they say they're rated for 400 lbs. they're not kiddinig. Probably would just have to measure end to end to see if they'd fit.
Thanks Moose..I'll look into that...

John

Old 02-22-2012, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by JCDEYO25

John
I actually don't mind the rear springs as is. I have them adjusted to about 1/2 from maxed out and they seem to work well for me at 250lb. I want the ride as soft as possible in back without bottoming out the shocks. Make the IRS work for me. Might be a little different with the new springs up front???

Quick Reply: heavy duty springs