Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

There at it again Plese read And Call In.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

QUOTE: "Where's Jesse? How does he stack up in your state on these issues? Will he back you guys up? I hope so. Or is he becoming a 'real' politician finally?"

Jesse had an agenda when he campained.

He owns three PWC so he got the DNR to back off on the harassment of PWCs and lowered their registration costs.

Jesse owns a Porsche and didn't like the high tag costs so he reduced the cost of the license plates.

Jesse talked about favoring concealed carry permits when he was campaigning. He got his and that is the last we ever heard of it.

Jesse owns a Hobby Farm in a prosperous area and wanted property tax relief. So he campaigned for reduced property taxes in the next budget.

Jesse has increased the size of the DNR by hiring more Revenue Officers to keep the money rolling in. Their favorite targets for 2000/2001 have been snowmobilers - heaven knows with the snow melting the boaters and ATVers are next.

By all his personal appearances, television appearances, books, action figures and WWF contracts it should be apparent to the nation that Jesse is only concerned about Jesse.

I would put his greed at the same level as that of a recent past president and current eastern senator. I really don't think his stock is worth what it used to be.

Is he a politician? Unquestionably.

I wish he was behind us. If he had an ATV we would have more trails.

Old 03-20-2001, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the reply I got from the chair of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee, at least she read it.

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate hearing
from you. I read my own email because I really like to know
first-hand what my constituents, and Minnesota citizens in
general, are concerned about.

However, due to the overwhelming amount of email I receive
daily, it is difficult to respond in a detailed fashion. I just wanted to
acknowledge that I read your message and appreciate hearing from you.

If you need specific information, please feel free to call my
legislative assistant, Chris Runquist, at 651-296-7061.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. I appreciate
your input.

Cordially,
Sen. Jane Krentz
District 51
Chair, Environment and Natural Resources Committee
111 State Capitol
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-296-7061

Old 03-20-2001, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

Jeeeeessshhhh Thor, didn't mean to upset your appetite! lol. I kind of felt ol' Jesse would end up grabbing the power for his own interests, what a shame. But, that figures I don't think you can count on any politician. We have to get a grassroots movement started somehow to save what access we can to our riding areas and it should be something nationally organized.

Keep your chin up, Thor! And go ridin' anyway!!!!

Old 03-21-2001, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider

MNExplorer, I got the identical response from Jim Vickerman. I did read through the proposed changes... I'm very concerned that funding for trails is LAST on the list of things they can spend money on. Take a look at the bill and you'll see. The MRR people are doing a good job of trying to get rid of us...

Old 03-21-2001, 09:38 AM
MNT
Pro Rider

MRR's target is to NOT have any money left for you guys to build trails.

Old 03-23-2001, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

LOL. Thor, you would get along great with one of my teachers. Listining to them rippin on Jesse, while trying not to slip in "bad" words, is quite entertaining. Sounds like teachers getting a bad deal too. Maybe you are my teacher??? LOL

Anyway, I want to help so what do I do? Mail that letter to the same people you guys are or make my own and mail it. I live in MN too, have a small yard, strict cops and don't want to be going all the way to Wisconsin to drive my dream machine although if I had to, I would.

Old 03-23-2001, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Is it ok to use your letter while adding info to it ?

Old 03-23-2001, 09:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think everybody needs to email all the people who sponsored the bill, and the reps from their area AND the reps from the areas that you ride. (Keep in mind that nobody knows where the emails are coming from, even people out of MN can email them...) Tell them what you think MRR is up to... definitely to dry up all our money so we can't build trails. Let them know that you will spend all your ride-related money in Wisc if we have no trails here.
We can't let them off with just the "thank you for your concern" responses. I'm emailing them all back an explaing AGAIN that these changes are not acceptable to me. I've been trying to stress that there is room for everyone to chose their recreation (I think this is part of Democracy).

Mark
Y2K TrailBoss 325
(AKA DaBoss - been messing with changing my handle, guess it worked...)

Old 03-23-2001, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just sent out e-mails to the 9 members that are supporting this bill, along with my local representatives. MRR is a group that wants nothing short of elimination of all motorized recreation, and we need to keep our elected officials aware of this. ALL taxpayers should be able to enjoy public land, not just a select few.

Old 03-25-2001, 09:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Mike Frey in the Honda thread found these:
http://www.armca.org/editorial/mrr-one.html
http://www.armca.org/editorial/mrr-two.html

The bills are dead for this year!!I see that one of the sponsors, Jim Vickerman, has removed himself from this bill. Could we have gotten through to them??

Join ATVAM, Blue Ribbon Coalition or another pro-OHV group right away, your state is NEXT !!!!