Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tonight the night!

Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

the 850 scrambler is there, not sure if it's enough to make me jump at it.
Looks like no active decent control on either model. not sure i care where i ride. but weird.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:59 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Scrambler 850 looks like a Sportsman with smaller racks, better shocks, and a bigger price tag.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:16 PM

they need to get rid of the lazy and equally dangerous single lever braking. was never a fan and if i get a 4x4 again it will be midsize and polaris makes nothing in a midsize chassis

Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
The Scrambler 850 looks like a Sportsman with smaller racks, better shocks, and a bigger price tag.
Agree...looks like a Sportsman XP with different plastic doesnt it? Can-AM got away with using the Outlander frame for the Renegade so I guess Polaris is trying that with the scrambler..thing is the Can-Ams in general are much lighter and Sportier..not really much of a concern for the Utility market..but if they are trying to pass a Sportsman XP framed machine off as competion for the Renegade I'm not so sure that will work out too well.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

The Scrambler 850 actually looks like it's missing the rest of the plastics up front... and as much as i'm glad they finally did something like this, they could have made it a little less expensive By the time you add ANY options, you could just buy an 850xp and be protected by the front fenders that the sportsmans have, and have the option of bigger tires. They look like they stuffed whatever size tires they have on the scrambler into the rear fenders.... Just my .02

Old 08-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

I like the Scrambler personally. However is there really the need to buy the 850 Sportsman now? Ok, it's not an all out racer but now dual purpose depending what you do.

Also like the 900 XP Ranger, not just BNG but some new styling too.

Don't suppose with alll these changes they are getting cheaper???????

JF

Old 08-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

This is not what I was hoping for!! they don't have the weight posted yet but it
looks like It will be around that 750lb mark, they have the wheel based at 53 inches
so it will most likely have that same 48 inch width as the xp, Come on Polaris
was ANYBODY asking for a bigger & WAY heavier scrambler!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider

one version or another comes in at 735lb so ya 750 with powersteering.
the picture of the spec sheet i seen didn't say le. so probably base model 735lb
all it needed was 50-60 hp 600 lbs and dual a-arms up front. straight axle in back greasable axle shaft bearings with no cv shaft nightmares. but they aren't about to build a one off.
only reason the old one was what it was. Is cause it was an xplorer with no racks or low gear(smoooth move guys) and fancy plastic.
i'm still interested though. It does appear no ADC on this unit

Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno- at least with the renegade you have front & rear brake levers (my 09 800 did anyway)
I noticed they are not releasing a weight yet on the polaris site
the wheelbase is 2" longer than the renegade- but I still hate the front of the scrambler- it's the ugliest looking front end- the rene is still one of the meanest, most exciting looking 4x4 atv's on the market.

my 08 500 scrammy was very heavy & clumsy and very uncomfortable in the rougher trails- but that scrammy had a SRA- the new one has an IRS rear end so maybe a bit better. A 4x4 atv has no business with a SRA- SRA's belong on sport quads only, not on any atv that's gonna see rough, uneven trails, mud and rocky terrain!

they both have the same 9" of front suspension travel but the rene has 9.3" compared to the scrammy's 10.25" in the rear shocks- I prefer the simpler, more open TTI the rene has over the double A-Arm anyday. the scrammy also has 26" tires compared to the 25" rene tires- which gives it a good 1.5" more of GC than the rene (stock)
I think the 25" tires will make the rene feel a little quicker off the line tho, which adds to the rene's sport appeal-

It's all gonna come down to what the new scrammy weighs. If it's around 650lbs- it'll be a strong contender in the "sport-utility" class of big-bore 4x4 atv's- where the rene (at 686lbs with the DPS) has just dominated for the past 5 years- but if it's up around 750 lbs- that will hurt it, especially running along a rene 1000.

One advantage I can see right off the start on the scrammy - is a much narrower saddle area- for shorter riders, the rene can be a bit uncomfortable on the longer rides because the saddle is so wide, your knees are always rubbing-

-

Quick Reply: 2013