Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Is the Engine on the 01 SportsMan 500HO Realy American Made?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2001, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the engines in the Snowmobiles are pure American.
But the ATVs use the Fuji engines. These engines are made overseas, but are assembled in America. The plant that assembles them is in Wisconsin.
This is maybe what confused your dealer. Either that or he just dosn't pay attention. Or thought maybe a little white lie would make you buy the machine.

Old 03-20-2001, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

I must agree, Suburus are great cars. They are somewhat upscale, and handle great. Especially with the AWD.

Old 03-20-2001, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider

EZ-GO golf carts also utilize Fuji technology. They use twin cylinder inline over head cam (OHC) engines designed and manufactured by Fuji's Industrial Products Division.

So..... is the rumored new twin cylinder HO engine a golf cart motor or a completely new American design? Inquiring minds want to know.

Who is making the 785 snowmobile engine? Polaris or Fuji? Will the new Scrambler have A-Arms?

Old 03-20-2001, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

New Scrambler? is there a rumor about that? Saw a guy with a brand new one on his truck today! it tis almost the season up here.

Old 03-20-2001, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

New Scrambler?

Yes, Rumor has it that a friend of a friend knew a guy who talked to a dealer about the 700 Polaris twin was informed that it was a 785 and would be installed in sports model allegedly before it's introduction in the Sportsman. So the question arises; will the 785 be installed in a Polaris PWC before the Sportsman or will it go into the EZ-GO golf cart for the "street racers" of Sun City?

Old 03-20-2001, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

i have heard that there is a all new sport quad comming out from polaris, its not a scrambler. this will also have this new 785cc inline twin four stroke.
i believe this engine will also be put into a sportsman.

maybee our friend Polcat2 can lend some more info on this.

later
jon

Old 03-20-2001, 10:24 PM
Trailblazer

DieselRam,
Polaris' ATV engines are all of Fuji design but some are manufactured here, tagged as Robin Manuf.(mostly 2 strokes). Others are manufactured in Japan, tagged Fuji (mostly 4 strokes). Polaris' Victory engine is of american design and manufacture, also the Robin plant. Some of the newer PWC and snowmobile engines are also American (domestic). The new Polaris ATV engine (700 or 780 twin) is rumored to be domestic also. All Polaris domestic engines are built in there Robin Wisconsin plant. The question is what do you call american made: assembled here, manufactured here, or designed & manufactured here? I THINK the US gov't states that anything assembled here is officially American made?
Polzook

Old 03-20-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

i can relate. i have an arctic cat 500 auto and as you know it is powered by a suzuki engine. big f**king deal, it runs don't it?? so, almost every atv is a rice rocket no matter where it was assembled. answer me this, if something is made in the usa, why then are all the nuts and bolts metric? i have something to fit all metric sizes in my tool kit: a metric crescent wrench-lol.

texascat

Old 03-21-2001, 09:18 AM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

TEXASCAT is right. What is American made?????? Anyone look under the hood of a Chevy, Ford, Dodge lately?

Look at the VIN # of your automobile. If it starts with a 2 = assembled in Canada (Chevy trucks, Crown Victoria, Chrysler mini vans), 3 = Mexico (Suburbans, Tahoes, dodge trucks, Ford Focus). 1 or 4 = United States.

Old 03-21-2001, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

I must say that one thing is annoying about working our Polaris quads. You need both sets of wrenches out there with you. Metric for the engine, and standard for the rest of the bike.

At least with Honda, Kawi, Yamaha, and Suzuki all you need is one set. Too bad it is metric.

Quick Reply: Is the Engine on the 01 SportsMan 500HO Realy American Made?