Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Refuses to Stand Behind Product

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RickeyD I'm with you , Polaris should be covering all the costs . When I was selling my Polaris 500 and researching my next new machine I read over and over again the oil in the air box problem's on the 850's . This is a manufacturing design problem that Polaris is aware of that's why they come out with new / different parts on there 2012 machine's . I jumped ship to a 700 Grizzly you might want to do the same ( 2200 flawless miles )

Old 07-13-2012, 06:48 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RickeyD

Okay Beergut, the overhang on your belt-line is effecting the blood flood to your cerebral cortex. The reason you, and others, did not receive any assistance from Chevrolet relevant to the Avalanche problem is due to the fact that you, and the others, rolled over and did nothing. That's why these companies make billions off of extended warranties and "limited warranties," you, like far too many other Americans allow yourself to get raped by big business.

The manufacturing defect that I've discussed in this forum has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with a warranty. Now put the bottle down and think about that. Just because big business is more concerned about the bottom line than producing a quality product and they therefore fail or refuse to issue a recall does not make the facts of the case any less relevant nor does it relieve the company (e.g. Polaris) of liability and culpability.

The 2009 Polaris 850, if the postings are correct, also experienced a similar problem but that issue was deemed to be a "safety issue" with sustained injuries by a number of Polaris owners; therefore, it was in the best "financial" interest of Polaris to issue an immediate recall. In fact, there was a suggestion that production of the 850 cease until such time the issue could be resolved.

Now, 2011, the Polaris 850 once again has a combustible related defect but no one has been injured; therefore, the bottom line comes into play...let the customer discover there is a problem and let the customer pay...no recall, it would look bad and be bad for business. The oil in the air box problem is so prevalent that dealers are supposed to update the 2011's before they leave the lot. Polaris apparently has its plate full of problems and is probably choking on much of it.

It's the weak and spineless American public that allows these companies to dictate policy and procedure with the products they sell, at great profit, to the American public. Remember the Ford Pinto debacle?

If "Beergut" is literal then plaque and fatty acids have begun to effect the reasoning portions of the brain and the blood flow up the spine...looking a little yellow.

Sincerely,

RickeyD
Hey rick-

for someone who's supposed to be as distinguished as yourself- and a retired cop- you act like a ten year old little boy. If you can set aside your silly little angry tantrum about polaris screwing you and "spineless america" over, you might learn something from someone (from many) who has much more experience than yourself in this area and has been down this road more than once.

You continue to take cheap shots- for some reason you feel threatened, or insulted since you seem to be so curious about me and my personal attributes, I'll enlighten you: I was also a part time cop for two years, served 8 years in the USMC and was a juvenile corrections officer for almost 4 years- and I've volunteered countless hours raising money for local charities and counseling inner-city youth. I'm a listed "independent" and although I live in a very liberal state, I favor the conservative side of republican. Despite my screen name "beergut" I really don't have much of a gut at all, in fact, I'm pretty active.

good- I hope now that I've established that I'm not some fat over boozed lazy welfare ebt spending obama loving anti american alien- you'll move beyond the ad hominem attacks and focus on the points that I and other long standing members of this site have mentioned above.

That point being-
EVERY MANUFACTURER MAKES THINGS THAT BREAK, FAIL OR THAT WILL OTHERWISE NEED REPAIR!

no manufacturer is perfect, and every manufacturer has to draw a line as to what they would pay for regarding mechanical failures with their product- or they'd be out of business. People can't expect a factory recall for every cheap little issue, and this is a cheap issue to fix.
You bought your atv used from a second party, and you failed at pre inspection before handing over the cash- your polaris does NOT have a lifetime warranty, the "malfuction" you're complaining about is NOT safety related- if it was, they'd be required to fix it by law (read up on can-am's dps shattering steering shaft issue and G1 & G2 spar chassis issues) You simply did not research the atv in question enough and you DID NOT properly inspect the vehicle you purchased from a private party! It's as simple as that!

Pay the lousey $75 in labor to have the cheap fix-it kit installed, be grateful polaris even gave you the time of day, and move on to living your life. This is not a big deal- and your court case will go nowhere.
This has nothing to do with "spineless america" it has to do with it being a total waste of time. If you hate America and everything american made- than move to japan where you can be closer to honda

You come on this site- at post 2, and start calling every american made item you own a piece of ****- then you attack me for stating my opinion (because you don't agree) when I haven't personally attacked you at all- even though a half dozen other people have given you the same basic opinion as me

Have the last word ricky- I'm finished with the tread- it ain't woth it.

Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i own Polaris stock

Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Thanks Moose, by-the-way, how do I "edit" my post to add updated information? RickeyD
RickeyD, there's a limited time you can edit your post. I'd just post the new information with a quote from the post you want to edit. Sorry about that. It's just how it works.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Guys, let's take the name calling out and the personal attacks. It's an issue that can be discussed without going overboard. -Mod.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Spdecat
RickeyD I'm with you , Polaris should be covering all the costs . When I was selling my Polaris 500 and researching my next new machine I read over and over again the oil in the air box problem's on the 850's . This is a manufacturing design problem that Polaris is aware of that's why they come out with new / different parts on there 2012 machine's . I jumped ship to a 700 Grizzly you might want to do the same ( 2200 flawless miles )
Exactly Spdecat. I keep wanting to believe that American made machines are the way to go...be a true American, but every time I've gone that direction I've been disappointed. Of the 30 bikes I've owned and maintained since 12 years old, I have owned one Harley and several European bikes, the remaining were Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's. As a young man I tried to go American vehicles exclusively...like my Dad. My Chevrolet's disappointed me tremendously. Have been a Toyota man for many years.

As a young police officer assigned to the motorcycle detail in Houston, I just had to have the big Harley FLHT/P...a real police motorcycle. So I got rid of my Goldwing, picked up the Harley and discovered that even though Harley had taken the company over from AMF, the "new" Evo engine was junk. Overpriced hyped-up junk.

I sold the Harley as quickly as possible, went to a large Honda dealer and found a wrecked Goldwing in the back. Took the bike home, wired it for police work and had it painted...faithful motorcycle...change the oil and the tires. My last police Goldwing had 90K plus on the OD, hard police miles, and ran like a champ when I sold it for a Kawasaki KZ1000P. Yes, I've heard the Grizzly is an awesome machine. Ride safe and enjoy!!!

Thanks,

RickeyD

Old 07-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider

Exactly Spdecat. I keep wanting to believe that American made machines are the way to go...be a true American, but every time I've gone that direction I've been disappointed. Of the 30 bikes I've owned and maintained since 12 years old, I have owned one Harley and several European bikes, the remaining were Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's. As a young man I tried to go American vehicles exclusively...like my Dad. My Chevrolet's disappointed me tremendously. Have been a Toyota man for many years.

As a young police officer assigned to the motorcycle detail in Houston, I just had to have the big Harley FLHT/P...a real police motorcycle. So I got rid of my Goldwing, picked up the Harley and discovered that even though Harley had taken the company over from AMF, the "new" Evo engine was junk. Overpriced hyped-up junk.

I sold the Harley as quickly as possible, went to a large Honda dealer and found a wrecked Goldwing in the back. Took the bike home, wired it for police work and had it painted...faithful motorcycle...change the oil and the tires. My last police Goldwing had 90K plus on the OD, hard police miles, and ran like a champ when I sold it for a Kawasaki KZ1000P. Yes, I've heard the Grizzly is an awesome machine. Ride safe and enjoy!!!

Thanks,

RickeyD

And don't forget Yamaha's plant is now in the U.S. that's where the Grizzly's are now made , U.S. workers put my machine together

Old 07-14-2012, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by Spdecat
And don't forget Yamaha's plant is now in the U.S. that's where the Grizzly's are now made , U.S. workers put my machine together
If I'm not mistaken all the manufacturers have plants here in the USA with the exception of Can-Am which is made in Mexico.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris now has plants in both the U.S. and Mexico , from what I have read it depends on your location if your get a U.S. build or a Mexican build Polaris machine .

Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Range Rover

I think you ought to take Polaris's offer and run. An attorney will cost you far more than getting what you out of them with possibly the same results. They have been polite and fair IMO.

Quick Reply: Polaris Refuses to Stand Behind Product