Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Scrambler 500

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-1999, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone heard anything about the ritter, fmf, or Dg 500 scrambler pipe. I want to know which is best. I Know about the hpd pipe and hotseat, but have no info on the other three. I don't like the looks of the hpd pipe (can you say huge). But is sounds awesome. I don't want to melt anything with a hotseat pipe (which doesn't do much for hp anyway). Ritter doesn't say much about what they have for the 500 on their site. All fmf has is a picture (no promises of extra HP). Dg claims to make the best 4 stroke pipes on the planet (quote from dirtwheels ad), but they don't mention anything about performance (i'm really not even sure if dg has a 500 pipe, i just heard it somewhere). My 500 HO is dying for more performance, but I'm not going to pour my money into a pipe that looks good but doesn't deliver (or that looks bad in the HPD case).

Old 07-23-1999, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

Personaly i feel more comfortable buying a pipe from a company that specializes in the brand of quad i own. Aaen, HPD, Hotseat, Ritter Cycle and Erlandson ( ERI ) are some of the companies that focus on one or two different manufacturers. I went with Aaen performance because at the time they were then only company that offered a roller clutch kit. The pipe i got from them is louder than stock but it gives me a good all around boost in performance as well as being much lighter than the stock pipe.

Old 07-23-1999, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

I talked to Rick Ritter on the phone about his 500 muffler. He said it needs change in the primary spring when you add it, which is included with the price.

He said the change is mostly down low and carries to the top. He said the biggest difference and the place you would notice it the most would be right off the line. It ad's a lot of low end, according to him. He said it also ads some noise and is pretty loud, but isn't annoyingly (is that a word) loud.

By the way, he is one of the most nice and helpful people I have ever talked to on the phone. I think it's great that people like Rick Ritter and Olav Aaen can sell & design their products AND talk to customers about them. Not like some major companies where distributors are every where and the people you are dealing with have no first hand expieriance can only go by what the spec sheet says.

Adam Dowden