Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

99 Sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-1999, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, I did post a letter to Polaris explaining my problems in DETAIL.They did'nt respond to my E-MAILS either.Polaris is only concerned about one thing,and that is their bottom dollar[money]The dealership is just as bad,they want me to purchase a new 2000 Sportsman and they will sell my 99 for me,WELL BIG DEAL.I have heard very few things bad about the Sportsman and I do beleive that I got a rare Lemon,,but since nobody is willing to help me [POLARIS OR THE DEALERSHIP] I will do everything in my power to see that NOBODY I know buys a Polaris,and you guys know that from some of my postings in the Forums that I've got a great mudder,and some of my friends did buy Sportsmans because of what they seen mine do.I promise that I'll not let that happen again.Im going to keep mine for one more year so I dont loose SO much money; than it will be sold.Im unsure of which new 4x4 I will buy next,maybe the 500 AC.Hope everyone has better luck with their Polaris.

Old 08-12-1999, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bill,

I am sorry for the problems you are having with your Polaris. I also have emailed Polaris and told them of your problems. Within 24 hours, they responded with this:

"Thank you for your recent e-mail to Polaris Industries. Without any
information on the ATV in question, I am not able to comment on this
consumer's Polaris ATV.

If there is ever a problem with a Polaris product, Polaris expects that an
authorized dealer is involved. If an authorized dealer is unable to resolve
the owner's concerns, the dealer should be contacting Polaris for further
assistance.

Thank you."

WillieB-99 Scrambler 500

Old 08-12-1999, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Willie,the dealership has had 3 wks to discuss my problems with Polaris and to get back ahold of me.I've e-mailed Polaris at least 3 times with NO responses ever.I talked on the phone to a Polaris customer service employee and he told me to take it up with the dealer.And the dealer wants me to buy a 2000 Sportsman and they'll sell my 99 for me.I ask, what kind of a fool do those idiots take me for?Im not taking another $$ out of my pocket for something that is Polaris Lemon and therefore should be a Polaris problem, not the customers.I;ve sent polite letters directly to Polaris as well, so far I've heard nothing back from them.Im assuming that Polaris could care less about keeping me as a customer.Thats to bad,because I really did like the Sportsman.

Old 08-12-1999, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Bill,
Sorry to hear about your problems and for sure you deserve a just fix. Seems to me the way to play this one is to get the dealer to contact polaris. They don't seem to be ready to talk to customers directly and that is somewhat normal when product is taken to the market through authorized distributors.

So, I suggest you contact the dealer and lay it out for him - either he takes serious contact with polaris or you take him to a)better business bureau, b)local news consumer advocate (or equivalent), or c)state consumer affairs department. Polaris has some sort of district rep system and those folks go out to dealers and resolve product problems.

Go for it - but through the dealer!
Good luck, Demps

Old 08-16-1999, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

Have you talked to another Polaris dealer to get inputs on him/her (must be politically correct) on the route to take to get Polaris to look at your problem? I get the feeling that the dealer is a bottleneck and not doing his/her job. You could always try small claims court. Judge Judy or Judge Lane might find this interesting. Of course I don't think you can take a company to small claims court but then I am not a lawyer.

Good luck, am looking to hear what happens with your quest.

Remember the KING lives!!!

------------------
Eric Baatz

Remember the KING Lives!!

[This message has been edited by ecbaatz (edited 08-17-1999).]

Old 08-17-1999, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris will generally not respond to problems that your dealer is supposed to take care of. That's what thedealer network is for. I'd take it to my dealer to get a resolve with him. A letter from your attorney will do wonders and a cc: to Polaris will get him moving.

On the other hand, I think that the people who handle Polaris e-mail messages do a great job of responding back quickly. They have for me. This was not always the case, but they have changed that the last few months.

www.godigital-design.com/96Polaris.html

Old 08-17-1999, 09:29 PM
Trailblazer

Bill, i like the rest am sorry to hear about your 500 sportsman, makes me think twice, i have a 98 Suzuki Quadrunner, i was considering trading this week for a 99 Sportsman, I think I may reconsider...thanks for the warning, sorry I had to get it from your hard luck though...Thanks Scott Varner

Old 08-18-1999, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

How to get Polaris's att., just say no to Polaris.

Old 08-18-1999, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

i was considering buying a sportsman 500 but i bought the grizzly and have had no problems at all. i have 1000 miles on it and the only thing that sucks on it is the stock tires. i guess th reason i didn't buy the sportsman 500 is because we have had so much trouble with our polaris indy 500 snowmobile. and all of our freinds have had trouble with polaris. but my 1 friends sportsman 400 is still running good. sorry to hear about all your problems bill i have had the same thing happen with my snowmobile.

------------------

Old 08-19-1999, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

A word to the wise,if you buy it and ride it, it will break!!!!Mud and water loves to chew-up atv bearings and brakes etc., it's the price we have to pay to have fun!!!!

Quick Reply: 99 Sportsman