Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris has spark at the begging but then none

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new stator and pulsar pick up coil last night it should be here by tommorow that way all the wiring needed for starting the bike will be new and everything starting wise will be new ill let you know how I go when I got it in

Would the timming be different if I'm bolting it onto the same stator plate ?

Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

NO, if the plate is not moved and just the stator only is replaced the timing won't be altered! I'd cross my fingers for you if I could,but arthritis won't let me HOPE this solves the problem as you will have all new components. If it doesn't help,then you have what I called a "problem child" when I had a tough one to sort out like this. The only thing left would still be a wiring harness problem,short,ground problem, if you've eliminated all other things and the stator doesn't help. Keep us updated! OPT

Old 11-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Haha yea thanks I got my toes fingers and eyes crossed hopping it works when I pulled the old stator off the plate there was residue behind it so I'm thinking maybe there was water in there at one stage I've never had it near water but the previous owner might have that and there is a mark on the pickup pulsar coil like someone's hit it with a screw driver but the new stator should be here today it was supposed to be here yesterday Exspress post from Vermont USA so yea

Old 11-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

The stator never turned up on Friday so I will have to wait till Monday now but I have come to realize that the other coils I was using wernt factory coils and even the 1 I bought the other day it was an aftermarket coil but was supposed to be the right coil for the bike but yet it wasn't with in the readings that you gave me I have just found the factory coil that came with the bike in ammongnst all the panels piled up from he bike and I have mounted it and It tests at 6.29k and the 0.3 ohms so it test out pretty good I was wondering if this would make a difference seeing as it test right I have the old stator out waiting for the new 1 to arrive I was just wondering wether I should put it back in and test it with the factory polaris coil that test right what are your thoughts ?

Old 11-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Mixing parts from other machines doesn't always work! You might be stuck with the new stator even if the old one works! I'd try the old stator first with the right coil and if it works,maybe you can get a return authorized on the new stator if you don't remove it from the package! OPT

Old 11-04-2012, 02:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

I put the old coil in and the stator back in but yea still 1 spark issue

Old 11-05-2012, 03:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok the new stator turned up today I got it in fuel hooked up all hooked up but still no start pulled the spark plug out and has good initial spark but yea still only the 1'spark everytime you hit the start button but nuhing after that should it keep sparking while your winding it over holding it against the engine block ? I'm lost now everything is brand new I was thinking could jump starting the bike with no battery just a booster pack have stuffed the new Cdi straight away ? Cause I hooked the old Cdi box up and got nothing at all hooked up the other 1 I have the new 1 and was getting the good initial spark result that I mentioned above ^ but I used a booster pack and booster leads to try start it aswell so I was wondering if I could have stuffed them and yea I need to buy a new 1

Old 11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Think I mentioned that earlier to you on jumping off without a battery installed could damage electronics as the battery pack in itself is not a good substitute for a battery,even a dead one! Battery packs are meant to support a weak/dead battery,not replace one. OPT

Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have ordered a new Cdi Exspress post from the states so ill see how it goes when it turns up I checked all grounds all wiring and everything so yea hopefully this will work

Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Get a new battery too!Don't jump off the machine again! OPT

Quick Reply: polaris has spark at the begging but then none