Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Trail Boss electrical problems...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-1999, 02:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 1991 Polaris Trail Boss and would like to eliminate the reverse safety button.
What wires do I need to ground out? Will eliminating this switch cause any other problems? I also was wondering about the throttle position switch. Sometimes when I fully release the thumb throttle the engine stalls. There is a small switch inside the thumb throttle assy box, it appears that the throttle closes this switch and then stalls the engine. But it is intermittent. If I quickly shut off and on engine kill switch, the throttle will idle ok when released. This appears to be an electrical problem. Anyone else had this problem? Can I also eliminate this throttle idle switch? What was the point in this throttle switch originally? Was Polaris concerned about throttles sticking open?

Any help appreciated.

Keith

Old 08-06-1999, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look under the thread "4x4 button" for bypassing the reverse override switch. You must look at your schematic diagram to find out what wires to connect with the diode. If you can e-mail it to me, I can tell you.

Also, the adjustment for my ETC control is on the HB's on the throttle cable. I pulled a rubber cover off. I then unscrewed the locking nut, then the adjustment nut until the contacts were not touching and that's it! I'm not sure if yours it the same but you can look for it. Good luck!

WillieB - '99 Scrambler 500

ke4iaj@gate.net