Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Dealer Service (1yr. checkup)

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001 | 04:48 PM
|
Range Rover

Guys,

I took my Scram in for servicing last week and thought I would let y'all know what they did and how much it cost whether it was warrantied.

The basic service was $90 and does not cover parts. The warranty covered $360 worth of labor and parts. I sure am glad I got the extended warranty. I ended up spending $150 total. I am going to do this every 6 months and do the rest of the work myself. The service guys, of course, recommend doing the service 4 times a year but that seems excessive.

Warranty: Both of my A-Arm rods were bent. (User inflicted: high speed on water trails doesn't leave much time to see stumps underwater hehe)

Warranty: Steering stem upper and lower bushing shot. (These bushing always go. I need to get the HPD stem).

Warranty: Thermo switch was fried. This was the worst. I knew I was burning oil faster than I should so was thinking my fan was inop. A good thing I check my oil regular and probably saved myself some serious problems down the road.

NonWarrantied: rear brake pads. What can I say...I'm lazy!

Warranty: 1 hub seal leak.

All in all, I am happy with the service. I bring the guys Kolaches and coffee/milk when I show up with my bike and hang out while they work on it. It is an hour drive to the dealership for me so I always make sure they can work on it same day.

It really pays to develop a relationship with the people who will be working on your bike. They have lots of information and advice that can save you $ in the long run. They also have lots of info on hop-ups/mods that can cost you lots of $ in the long run. lol

Regards,

MrMan